Bathtub fun for the little ones.

nethiker

Enlightened
I'm sure this has been done before, but I couldn't find any threads with the search. I'm always trying to find new ways of entertaining my two year old in the bathtub. When I found an old Princeton dive light I discovered a way to combine my bath responsibilities with flashlight fun.

Just fill the tub with lots of bubbles( I've stopped buying them, Johnson's Baby Shampoo works fine), drop in the flashlight, add toddler and turn off the lights. It makes for a great effect and opens up a whole new world to explore. My only concern would be if my boy wanted to look into the light, but he seems more interested in playing with the lit bubbles than the light source.

I may have to get him one of those multi colored eternalights for Christmas to take the bathtub light show to the next level. :faint:

Greg

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
who needs a toddler? I take a flashlight into the bath myself :D

but, it's only to test the water resistance! I swear it's all in the name of science and flashlight reviews! no really!

I had the lights go out while I was in the tub once, hard to get out of the tub and find your towel and not slip and kill yourself in the process in the pitch darkness, so I actually DO put a light by the tub when I get in after dark now days.

My daughter is 5 now and still sometimes I bring an infinity ultra in for her to play with, she thinks it's great.

greenLED

Flashaholic
James S said:
but, it's only to test the water resistance! I swear it's all in the name of science and flashlight reviews! no really!

I declare myself guilty, Your Honor. I promise I will continue to do it...

Yeah, it's lots of fun to have'em play with lights in the tub. In my case, it really started as a water-proofness test on a light I had just built, but then it turned into routine. I should go dig some fun pics we took. Very cute! More later...

Our baby's learned not to shine my lights in his eyes; sort of glances at them sideways only.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Who needs a little one as an excuse to play with his or her lights in the bathtub anyway? :D
bernie

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
e6_2.JPG

I saw something similar to these LED color changing rubber duckies being sold at Target.

These from the UK...
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/search.do?productCode=LEDDUVAR#reviews

Target version? Sold on ebay with replaceable batteries...
http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-GLOW-Flashi...oryZ1282QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

nethiker

Enlightened
Kool duckie. I'll keep my eye out for it.

It's good to see that some of you still have fun in the tub...except the guy with the toaster, I'm a bit concerned about him. :shrug:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jumpmaster said:
Glo-toobs...different colors...should look pretty neat in a bubble-bath...:)

JM-99

My 7 month old daughter loves my amber Glo-toob. It's not bright enough to be blinding and can survive almost anything she does to it :) I'll recommend this to anyone who has small children.

She sometimes uses my HDS with it on the lowest setting; not bright enough to be a problem, but still bright enough to be fun in a dimly lit room.

Sverre

Geologist

Enlightened
Maybe those PT Attitudes would be a good choice! Long ruunning, inexpensive (especially good price being offered here on CPF by a respected member), and not too bright. Good gift idea!!

greenLED

Flashaholic
NoFair said:
She sometimes uses my HDS with it on the lowest setting; not bright enough to be a problem, but still bright enough to be fun in a dimly lit room.

I used to give my son my Arc LS. He was fascinated by the light, then he found the kroll and went mad sucking on it. That was OK, until he got teeth, and one day he bit through the rubber boot. End of LS fun. :D

Those rubber duckies are soooo cool!

Glo-toobs, hmmm... :D