Which Ripoffs for McLuxIII-PD?

Literator

Newly Enlightened
Just got my PD in today, straight from Berkeley. Thanks, Don, for outstanding service! I can't wait to try it out tonight.

Does anyone know which model of Ripoffs holster would fit the PD with the new Ti clip? I know taking the clip off would be easier, but I would like to keep it on.

I've seen several suggestions for other brands of holsters, but couldn't find anything on this specific question.

Thanks!

--Bob

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Bob, let us know how you like the PD! I plan on buying one next month! Thanks!!

Literator

Newly Enlightened
lrp said:
Hey Bob, let us know how you like the PD! I plan on buying one next month! Thanks!!

Initial impression - after the first day - isthat this flashlight speaks quality and careful attention to detail. I have a lot of other lights that I like a lot, including other custom lights. Some of them do more than the PD in terms of setting different brightness levels, flashing, etc., but if you want an outstanding flashlight for general use, this is definitely a contender. There are some discussions elsewhere on the board about the PD vs. HDS, and I would suggest that you look there, if you haven't already, for some discussions about the pros and cons of each, and how to decide what's right for you. I've read lots of comments from others, which is a good way to decide, but what I tend to find is that the only way I'll know if I love a light or not is to actually have it in my hands and fiddle with it awhile in a dark area. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to do that, so I'm guessing that's one reason why you see a large number for sale on this and other forums. Luckily what one person likes isn't always what others like, so you can find some great bargains, but a lot of it is just guesswork.

My thinking in ordering the PD was that, if I didn't like it, there is a strong secondary market on this forum, and I could sell it and probably get most of my money back. This is definitely a keeper, and Don was quick to answer my questions and to get the light to me - three days after I ordered it! That level of service counts for a lot for me as well!

Good luck!

--Bob

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Bob! Yes, I have followed all the posts on the PD and I'm convinced that I want one. I already have the HDS U60 and really like it too. Can't wait to get mine and Don has always been helpful with questions, etc; and I know his service is first class!!