• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Super Flashlights- Mc38 & Mc38-Lux V & Kroll 2 stage mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD! MaxLite, Super Flashlights- Mc38 & Kroll 2 stage mod

ALL TWENTY LIGHTS ARE SOLD!

All 15 Mc38-V (Luxeon V upgrades) are sold.

Announcing a pre-sale to make a limited amount new of Super Flashlight
III-Mc38. The massive light with a proven design will be custom machined by the master machinist, Katokichi, to fit the McGizmo reflector, a U bin emitter and a very powerful converter. The kit includes light, spare battery holster and battery.

ARC mania asked me to post these lights for him. It is his pre-sale. He gets busy at times and compared to the other guys I'm the mental midget, a simple gopher, a grunt and place holder but I refuse to stand in the store line for the after-Thanksgiving day sales. I do have a little pride and learn fast.

1vertical8oo.jpg

The front end of the light is the working prototype. The rest of the pictures are from my personal Super Flashlight III without the extra goodies. My light only has the optic…sigh.

The outside the Super Flashlight III looks the same. Peeking in the nose of the light is the only indicator the light is radically different. The internal parts of the light are radically new and different. This light uses the huge McR 38mm reflector designed by the master of lights, McGizmo. The reflector is normally used in McGizmo's Aleph 3 head so you are familiar with the spot and generous spill beam the reflector produces. Not to compromise the potential of the light, Katokichi modified both the light and reflector to insure the custom pieces fit professionally together. You do remember the quality of the KI lights that Katokichi makes?

Here is a picture of my Aleph 3 with a 38mm reflector. It is running a Downboy 917 and a UX1J emitter. The beam of the Super Flashlight Mc38 should be very similar.

You might be skeptical about fitting a big reflector in a smaller light. I was and had to find out more information. It can be done if the front of the reflector is machined down and a lip made to hold it into place. The result is a superb fit.

From ARC mania:

"The widest part in the front was ground down very carefully as not to damage
the silver orange peel finish. A lip was machined so that the reflector
would drop right in and stop on the very edge. One problem is that because
of the gap, after the reflector is installed and the bezel is tightened
down, there will be a 0.7mm gap between the bezel and head. Also whole new
internal module had to be created using an emitter. The original used a star
with two screws holding it down. These screws got in the way of the
reflector preventing the emitter from positioning itself in the focal point.
With the new module, it seats perfectly."

The nose of the light sports a mineral glass lens. The emitter is a very desirable, very white tint, emitter, a UW0J. If you've wanted to try a unobtainium emitter with a known super throwing reflector housed in a beautifully designed light here is your chance to own one of the limited set of lights.

Powering the emitter is a buck converter, the SDC1000. Yes, you have read right; the UW0J will be running at 1000mA in an oversized frame to draw any generated heat away to keep the emitter at safe operating temperatures. The light runs on either 2 x CR123A or a Pila 168S (17650) rechargeable battery. The expected run time at full brightness is approximately 2 hours. I'd say this light is one full notch brighter than the common lights because of the extra bright emitter and masterfully designed McGizmo reflector.

The Super Flashlight III-Mc38 uses a push or click to activate click tail cap and has a gorgeous tail that allow the light to stand on end. It has a very thick body from head to tail and is nicely balanced.

Only 20 of these lights will be made. Pre-orders and payment are accepted now. ARC mania's PayPal is arcmania(at)hotmail(dot)com . The cut off date is Friday, December 3 or when the lights are sold out. Don't forget to put your CPF name in the PayPal.

Please allow 4 weeks to make the light. Here is your chance to experience a one of a kind series, hybrid, light that has the merging of ideas from different people; a Super flashlight with a great throwing beam.

The Limited Edition custom machined Super Flashlight III-Mc38 complete kit with custom machined McR 38mm includes the holster, batteries and sells for $270. Once these lights are crafted they will be shipped Global Express directly from Japan.

The light is sexy, sporty and has performance to back up its looks. You know how well they work individually. Now you can see the merging of minds in the Super Flashlight-Mc38.

Updated paid list:

1. ddaadd paid
2. alauda paid
3. Vifam paid
4. LED Zeppelin paid
5. jhung paid
6. Lightbulb paid
7. Karlhev paid
8. Roc paid
9. Roc paid
10. Roc paid
11. PoliceScannerMan paid
12. PhotonFanatic paid
13. dbedit paid
14. grift paid
15. Carpe Diem paid
16. Mikhail paid
17. Bruce Wayne paid
18. rugbymatt paid
19. Lunarmodule paid
20. gregpen paid

100% of the Super Flashlight III-Mc38 sold. SALE CLOSED!

ZERO left!

And the Super Flashlight Mc38 lights were all sold more than two days before the deadline! :)

All 15 Mc38-V (Luxeon V upgrades) are sold.

Edit: In the evolving thread the Mc38 light added the upgrade option with an above average Lux V emitter. For $100 more the Mc38-V upgrade gives a turbo mode, 900mA, converter to run the above average Lux V to even higher brightness. The standard Mc38 will have a Lux III, UW0J (87.4 to 113.6 lumens) and the upgrade sports a WX0T (147.7 to 192.0 lumens.) Those lumen numbers are at Lumileds specs so all Mc38 lights will be brighter then specs indicate. The standard Mc38 will take approximately 4 weeks to make and deliver. The Lux V version, the Mc38-V will take an additional 4 weeks to make and deliver.

Update time! The reflectors for the lights have been ground to size.

December 18 update!

The Mc38 Lux V owners will have to wait approximately three weeks before their lights are finished being built.

The Lux III versions of the Mc38 light should be finished around December 23.

Nobody has to wait until sunny summertime to get their lights! :)

mc38vmaxlite0by.jpg

3surefirealephmaxlite6eh.jpg

Maxlite Pre-Sale - ALL SOLD The lights are now at their regular price of approximately $255 plus shipping costs.

MAXLITE Prototype #1, (P1), Armor Series #1

Manufacturer – CPF member ARC mania
• Price when bought (2/06) - $176.00
• Quantity/ Battery type- single/AA battery, alkaline, NiMH, lithium
• Battery life (High)-
• Duracell alkaline – 65 minutes on high.
• 2500mAh rechargeable NiMH – 2 hours, 27 minutes (147 minutes.) Ending voltage, voltage protection enabled at 1.0 volts.
• Battery life (low) – 2500 NiMH – 20 hours, 50 minutes (1250 minutes.) Ending voltage = 1.02 volts.
• LED type - 1 x Luxeon I, now with Luxeon UX1J or UX0J performance option
• Rated output of Lux I LED emitter at specs– S**H-bin, 51.7 – 67.2 lumens
• Lux III, UX1J or UX0J at specs, 87.4 – 113.6 lumens
• Lux I Vf – 3.03 – 3.27V
• Lux III Vf – 3.27 – 3.51V
• Estimated emitter life – 100,000 hours
• Body Color – Bare aluminum (finished product- natural hard anodize)
• Window Material – Glass
• Reflector - Custom made, 27mm
• Electronics – MJ-16, voltage boost, 1.2 to 1.8 volts
• Switch – On/off, two-brightness, twist switch in tail cap
• Body Material – 6061-T6 hardened aluminum
• Finish – bare (finished product- natural color hard anodize)
• Seal Type – Silicon O-Rings throughout
• Depth rating – Unknown, waterproof
• Size (length, diameter f/r) -112mm long, 32mm/ 21mm
• Weight (With Batteries) - 119g (4.2 oz)
• Accessories: None
• Manufactured – US
• Lux output (Lux I, S**H) – High = 800 (measured), low = 38 (measured)
• SuperSbin (SS) emitter - High = 1300 lux (measured), low = 7 lux
• ToTheMax Turbo Adapter & SuperSbin (SS) emitter – High = 1983 lux (measured), low = 38 lux

• Other- Two level brightness, Surefire E-series/Aleph tail cap compatible, body made of solid billet aluminum, limited run. Over discharge protection for rechargeable battery.

maxlitewithalephsurefireparts4.jpg

May 5, 2006- The ToTheMax (TTM) Project starts. The idea is to make a one piece adapter that will mate the big Surefire Turbo Head to Maxlite, Surefire and Aleph bodies.

maxlitesfthpf2mq.jpg

May 12, 2006- Three prototypes are completed.

ttmadapter3versionsup5ht.jpg

ttmadapterwithsurefirel46nc.jpg

May 25, 2006- Maxlite debutes a prototype click switch.

tailcapiiup1gx.jpg

May 25, 2006- The ToTheMax Turbo Head for Maxlite AA is operational. It is the first AA battery powered, Lux I SuperSbin and Tower Module mated to a Surefire Turbo Head. The beam shots compare the Maxlite SS standard head next to the TTM kit.

ttmoveralljpgup26tl.jpg

maxmaxttmup4pr.jpg

maxlitettmcomparison5fk.jpg

Kroll two brightness mod- CLICK HERE.

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ARC mania Super Flashlight III-Mc38 Pre-Sale

Man Blue..!!!!

you post this right after I broke my piggy bank buying a Superbird mod from him.. argh!!! If I had the $$ I'd buy one but at the same time I"m NOT gonna take this Superbird off my belt.

My full hearted drool goes out to the lucky ones that get this light. I've got a couple of his lights and they are all awsome.

Doug

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

TBlue will you keep us posted as to how many are left?
I too have broke the bank as of late, so will have to pass for now.
Looks great.

mut

kukula

Enlightened

I know this might be a stupid question, so pardon me. Is this light fully regulated? And does it have a high and low?

alauda

Enlightened

As far as I am concerned...Arcmania makes the finest there is. Please put me down for one.

Shall I comunicate directly with Mike or just PayPal him telling him what I bought (again)?

lightbulb

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one if I can use paypal credit. Thanks.

grift

Enlightened

i wonder if i could paypal half the money now and the rest when the light is close to shipping? :poke: if thats possible i'll take one, if not then i'll prob be unable to w/the holidays here:ohgeez:

jhung

Newly Enlightened

Put me on the list for one.

ddaadd

Enlightened

Yes, I'll take one please !!

I can send funds promptly, does the price include shipping?

Nice to be here in time for a change, I've missed some a time or two...

dbedit

Newly Enlightened

I am it on this one please let me know when to send funds

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

D'oh... If I didn't just buy an Aleph 2 this morning, I'd be all over this. :) So sad... :(

- Chris

kukula

Enlightened

Sorry but need to pull out of this one. I am low on funds atm. Didnt know I need to send the payment too soon. Oh well, my loss would be someone elses gain :mecry:

Last edited:

grnamin

Enlightened

Please put me on the list if it's OK to be on the list and pay before shipping.

chasm22

Newly Enlightened

I would definitely like one. Do we pay now or when shipped?

chasm22

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Trueblue,

Based on the pictures you posted of the SF3 beside the Aleph3, it looks like the McR38 will have to be ground down significantly to fit the head in your pictures. If so, what is the actual final measurement of the reflector after processing? If I remember correctly, the super flashlight uses 27mm or was it 30mm optics before. Almost 1cm is a rather significant size difference unless a new head is planned just for the McR38.

Status
Not open for further replies.