Anyone Seen Chop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danintex

Enlightened
I sent a KL3 to Anthony back in August and still haven't heard from him since he got it. I know he was in the storm path, but ???

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop had severe damage to his home, including his work area.

Last I heard, and this was several months ago, he was still trying to assess the damage and decide about cleanup and/or total loss. This is from his next to last post:

"To kill a few birds with one stone, I'm going to let you guys who have sent lights to me know that all of your lights are OK. I checked on them during my last trip to the house and they were OK. To those of you that prepaid, I'm going to have to give you the option of either waiting or giving you a refund, although either will take a little time. I hope it takes very little time.

My family and I are hanging in there. I'm hoping to be able to get back into my house soon, so that I can start the process of rebuilding. We still have lots of cleaning up to do. I've gotta get all of the ruined stuff out and tear out the walls and cabinets. What sucks is that I have a lot of built in shelving, cabinets, and desks that are going to have to be torn out to get to the walls. We're going to be roughing it for a while
."

He had no internet connection at the time, and had traveled out to someone elses place to get online. He did say that someone was checking email for him, so try to email him if you need more info.

His last activity here on CPF was 9/15/05.

Bill

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I second what JTice said

I came into posession of a truly beautiful CR2 twisty he had made up and wanted some more info on customizing a sammie for it and its history. Sent him numerous emails then was shocked and horrified at the tragedy that struck his whole family. I was absolutely blown away with the spirit of samaritanism and brotherhood by the CPFers that offered cash donations and every manner of assistance for no other reason except that he was a "brother" here in our group. Literally brought a tear to my eye. The greatest thing a person can do is selflessly help those less fortunate, the fallen. Major cheers to everyone who contributed to his aid and expressed their wishes for his recovery and road back to rebuilding. It makes me very proud indeed to be a part of such a group that demonstrates the sincere spirit and noble sacrifices that many here have done in the name of a man and his family in dire need in the aftermath of Mother Natures horror show that was the hurricane and flooding. Cheers to the named and nameless who have done so! And all the best to you, Chop. I hope someday we can talk about this amazing proto you made that I inherited, when everything in your life is back in place. Wish I would have known about it at the time but my sentiments and prayers go out to you and yours nonwithstanding.

*** CHEERS TO CPF ***

Status
Not open for further replies.