Anybody capable of boring out my Ultra-G and swapping the LED for me?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a CMG Ultra-G that I want bored out to accept a sinlge CR123's and the LED changed to the newest brightess Nichia. I want to use this to finish off my near-dead CR123's. Can anybody do this and how much would this cost?

greenLED

Flashaholic
That's something I thought of but ended up doing a LuxI mod. :crazy:

IIRC, the walls get very thin if you bore the Infinity to take a 123. Also, a 123 doesn't clear the threads, so you might have to get rid of some material off there also; not sure if the head will engage after that.

I'm also trying to find a way of sucking those single 123's dry. Been thinking about the circuit from Worldtorch.com lately, but haven't asked them yet. Their updated boost circuit will run off 123's, IIRC... BRB:

link: http://worldtorch.com/boost-kit-instructions.php

Might be able to "dead-bug" the circuit and cram it behind a Maglite reflector or something.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... there goes another plan. :ohgeez: :D

I thought of using the World Torch Boost kit, but I wanted something that is self contained. No access to a lathe or mill or anything so the best I would do is have it sitting in a project box and that's assuming I can find a cr123 battery holder cheap somewhere. :crazy: