found CREE Xlamp 7090 at allelectronics

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, I just got my winter catalog for www.allelectronics.com and I found some CREE leds on page 5.They are listed as 1 watters, just like the ones from the GB awhile ago. they come mounted on the circular bases.
Red 8.00
green 11.50
amber 8.00
white 11.50
blue 11.50

6.00 for shipping.

Not too bad if someone needs some cheap light.

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My searching skills relate to my sometimes inability to access unique criteria hidden in my brain. Seems like you did a couple of really cool mods with these. Maybe one was an antique and one was an Inova?

I wish I could find it/them.

Nice find, either way. Maybe some of the fellows that like mixing colors in their multi-emitter lights could benefit from this.

---------------

Yet another Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done several dorcy 1xaa with 14500 and luxeons, not the cree's. I was just at a wedding and was DISGUSTED with the lighting setup the DJ had. 4 cans with gels on a post. I did dome DJ stuff awhile ago and have had some GREAT ideas for DJ lighting using high output LED's. Coupled with a PLC for complex controll from simple switches. kinda like groups of 3 ( to get close to 12v) of red,amber,blue green and white. mabyee 3 or 4 of those groups all independentally accessable. would be cool.

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My apologies. Sometimes I get the mods and modders mixed up. I need to start bookmarking favorite scratch built and modified lights. Second only to the membership, they are my favorite part of CPF.

Good description of your idea. I can easily visualize it. The commercial value is obvious but I know most of you guys do this because of scenarios similar to the one you described. Saw a need for a solution or an improvement. Build it yourself.