Maglite question

wuyeah

Enlightened
Is there a point to get a 6 D maglite??

i was surprise to find out that 5 D produce less Lux than a 4 D.
seems like 5 D is not a best buy.

seems a bit point less to get a 6D unless you want to use it to beat someone with it.

any opinion??

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
NikolaTesla mentioned that with the Mag-Light 6D configuration, you can run a WA01166 with an output of roughly 1000 lumens just by using two (2) of the MagCharger's rechargeable batteries sticks in it.

wuyeah

Enlightened
That sounds like fun!! But does 6D keep up with brightness?
from light review shows that 4D brightness slide fairly quickly by time.

Pila_Power

Enlightened
I have a 6D and basically I like the size for a weapon and ruggedness, also, it means you can squish more batts in there so you are able to achieve a loooong runtime. ;)

I still haven't charged my two strings of 4 pila batts - over 8 months of use on both high and low & inbetween (nflex with 3 x lux 3 throwers baby!!)

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
NikolaTesla mentioned that with the Mag-Light 6D configuration, you can run a WA01166 with an output of roughly 1000 lumens just by using two (2) of the MagCharger's rechargeable batteries sticks in it.

I like this idea. If I bought MagCharger batteries how would I charge them without a MagCharger?

I have an old 6D Mag that I keep six alkaline D cells in. I changed the lamp to a Surefire P90 held in place by pressure from the LDF lens. Works great and has hours for runtime. It stays in the house.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I thought about that to NotRegulated. I'm still learning here, but maybe one of those chargers like Maha C777+II or GreatPlanes ElectriFly Triton?

wuyeah

Enlightened
Wow.....a flashlight neverland!!!

just when you thought that is cool, CHC always hit you with something better!

I start to love this guy.

Xenon

Enlightened
NotRegulated said:
I like this idea. If I bought MagCharger batteries how would I charge them without a MagCharger?

I have an old 6D Mag that I keep six alkaline D cells in. I changed the lamp to a Surefire P90 held in place by pressure from the LDF lens. Works great and has hours for runtime. It stays in the house.

Great idea with the 6D Mag, do you need to insulate the lamp holder or just pop in the LA and fire straight away? I tried on mine but it didn't light up. :sweat:

wuyeah

Enlightened
Where can purchase WA01166 bulb??

The other thread meantioned that charger and recharge battery can be find at Kmart, Walmart.

If it is that simple, I am up to try!

BTW.....got the 6D today. Wow heavy as hell with battery. Thinking about getting a 4D tomorrow. Since they are less than 60 dollars combin. I love the price tag on those lights.

wuyeah

Enlightened
Searching all night without sleeping.....

under "Maglite mod"
Have no luck finding place that sells better maglite reflector to fit on 4D, 6D. Where do you guys find it?? I really tried my best :awman:

wuyeah

Enlightened
Xenon said:
You can try Light-edge.com, look under Mag Reflectors..

I did check over there. They have 3 version. With no picture. Don't know which one work better/brighter than original package reflector.

AlanH

Enlightened
I looked at these, can't workout, which will do what ?

Am reliably informed I need toi change the bulb and reflector on a MAG Chargeable to get the better light I crave,

Any ideas guys ?

Alan

CLHC

Flashaholic
Look up Fivemega I think it's in the Group Buys and Passarounds section, since he does make a custom replacement reflector for the MagCharger (will fit only MagCharger). Have not tried that one.

I have the said reflector from Light-Edge and they seem to work out pretty good—an overall beam pattern better than the stock plastic ones in the Mags. The one I have is the MOP (Medium Orange Peel). It's in the regular 3D Mag with the drop-in DB-3W from LED Replacement and the other one is in the MagHID. Plus I did replace the lens with UCLs. . .

pg123

Newly Enlightened
My 4D has a reasonable size and weight...
For me 2D is too small, but 6D is really too much long..

greenLED

Flashaholic
wuyeah said:
Is there a point to get a 6 D maglite??

Not for me; 4D is about as big as I've been willing to go. And now that I have smaller but brighter lights, I seldom use my 4DMag.