Does anyone have the various beam shots of the A2?

my name is fake

Enlightened
In green, blue, red etc?

I think my next purchase will be the A2....but cant decide which one to get...red or green

I already have a C2, which i plan to get a one of the blue filters...

Thanks!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam shots for all of the colored LEDs will look ringy, kind of like the olympic rings symbol. I have the red and green, but I've sanded the LEDs to diffuse the beam and has made them much more useful IMO. :)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
leukos said:
The beam shots for all of the colored LEDs will look ringy, kind of like the olympic rings symbol. I have the red and green, but I've sanded the LEDs to diffuse the beam and has made them much more useful IMO. :)

How do you get at the leds to do this, leukos?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn,

Point well taken, I should explain myself better when posting such a thing. :)

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1172228&postcount=45

This is a link to pictures of the LED ring removed from an A2. You need to unscrew the head, remove the lamp, and then unscrew three small philips screws to remove the LED ring. I prefer to use a pair of needle nose pliers and one of those sponge sanding blocks (fine grade) to gently sand the LEDs. The goal is just to scuff/frost the LED a little to diffuse the light more. :)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I unscrewed the head... how does the lamp get removed?

How do you think the colored leds compare to the white in terms of total output?

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Phaserburn, the lamp should just fall out after you unscrew the bezel. just tip the bezel or light over (whichever happened to be at the bottom while unscrewing) into your palm and the incan lamp assembly should just fall right out.

my name is fake

Enlightened
interesting mod. means you have to be really gentle with scuffing the LED surface right?

BTW, this def voids the warranty am i Correct?

leukos, would be nice if you can take a picture of you sanding it....

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello Leukos!

Interesting modification to your SureFire Aviator! Do you know if "ringy" look of the colored LEDs are just relegated to the earlier versions? Have you seen or do you know whether or not the "newer" Yellow-Green LED would have the same effect?

I like the step-by-step pictures you've provided in your post!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
TMK, all SF A2's with colored LEDs have beam artifacts. I owned the YG A2 for a while, and if I remember right, it had a ringy beam but not as bad as the others. If I hadn't traded it, I would have sanded it too. :)

Last edited: