Everyday Basics Multi-Purpose Light/Nightlight...

BamZipPow

Newly Enlightened
nitelitefront.jpg

niteliteback.jpg

Went by Lowe's and found this 2 LED based closet light sitting on an endcap. It runs off of 3 AA batteries or a 6V-12V wall wart with a minimum 100ma rating. It has motion detection as well as a dusk-to-dawn sensor. The ring you see allows you to position the light in an infinite number of positions. You can hang it on a door knob as well. :D

Purchased it fer about $9 plus tax and includes 3 alkaline AA batteries. I slapped the batteries in it to see how well it worked. Not very bright but works well in all modes. It just needed some modifications... :naughty:

Got 2 of the 26K mcd LEDs from the eBay bulk buy I got on these here forums and went to work. Only 5 screws held this baby together. 2 inside the battery compartment and 3 on the ring support. Just a note...4 screws are the same and 1 is shorter. The short screw goes on the outside circumference of the ring support. ;) The dome pops off with little effort.

A simple circuit with the sensors and switch are found underneath the cover. The LED leads are easy to spot and to unsolder out. Just make sure you have the orientation of the leads proper when you put the replacements in. They just slip through the top and bend over. A quick touch of solder will keep them in place. I didn't even need to snip the leads short. Reassembly is a snap. The original LEDs were feeble at best as you really couldn't see the coats in the closet. The replacement 26K mcd LEDs really can light up the closet and you can tell what you are getting in the closet. You can tweak the LED orientation a bit if you like to get a better throw through the lens by bending the LEDs towards the dome.

If you have a hallway you can hang a few of these in motion detection mode so they light up the hallway for you.

This would make a great replacement for those touch lights. ;)