Color perception

Amadeus93

Newly Enlightened
As my 4-year-old and I are playing with flashlights in her room (our nightly pre-bedtime ritual), I pointed out to her that the beam of the River Rock 2AAA she had looked a little purple compared to the beam of my Fenix L1P. She replied "Or, that [the RR] is white, and that [the Fenix] is orange!"

Evidently, she's a fan of high color temps... :)

TorchMan

Enlightened
It could also be that young eyes see colors differently, or better than older ones. Maybe you should be her and HDS GT of some sort? :naughty:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats pretty cool. Sounds like a sharp kid there. :) She will probably want a HID for her 16th birthday!! haha :)

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, females are generally considered to have better color recognition. Don't know about old vs. young, though.

Really bad are male, older scientists. During my lab classes I sometimes had to work with something that changes color (like interference color of a thin film of silicon oxide; it's used to determine the thickness of the film, i.e. when you had to stop the machine). The description, written by said male, older scientists, said something like "The color changes from yellowish-red to orange-red to red to reddish-green..." I NEVER saw those colors. (Sad to say that I'm becoming the male, older scientist now myself.)