HELP NEEDED: With Email Forwarding with original sender address.

jtice

Flashaholic
I need some help guys :(

Heres the situation,,,

I have to get an email account for work, forwarding its emails to TWO other email accounts.
I setup outlook express to forward account A's email to accounts B and C... BUT
all the forwarded mail has account A as the sender, when you read it on account B and C's computers.
So they cant tell who the original sender is.

I basically need any email sent to account As email addy, to have a copy sent to account B and C's address also. With the original senders address, NOT account A's address.

Please help ! :(

~John

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem. Hope it can be done.

I forward each one now to avoid this problem.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
jtice said:
I need some help guys :(

Heres the situation,,,

I have to get an email account for work, forwarding its emails to TWO other email accounts.
I setup outlook express to forward account A's email to accounts B and C... BUT
all the forwarded mail has account A as the sender, when you read it on account B and C's computers.
So they cant tell who the original sender is.

I basically need any email sent to account As email addy, to have a copy sent to account B and C's address also. With the original senders address, NOT account A's address.

Please help ! :(

~John

So if I read that right, you want the original email being forwarded to B and C without losing original email account? But you are using A to forward and the problem is B and C is getting A account as sender?

If you use gmail account, you can forward from original account to B and C and using the original account mail address. To do this you make 2 filters. Go to settings and go to tabblad filter. Creat new filter and fill in the text box of "from" with the original sender. All the other boxes are left empty. Then click next step and fill checkbox of forward it to: and fill in the textbox with B's email addy. Create filter and repeat steps for C's email addy.

There is a down side, you see both email addy's but when you click reply you reply to original addy and not to A's email addy(=gmail addy).

Last edited:

auriga

Newly Enlightened
You can use Eudora to do this, It's called redirect instead of forward. If you use it you can have a filter redirect everything that comes in. I haven't seen any other program that can do this yet, but I'm sure there's some small tool that does only that out there, you'll just have to find it. :)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Dunno if it will help, but after verifying that you actually own the "Send as..." email address, gmail will allow you to send mail from any ISP using gmail's SMTP server, cloaked as whoever you want.

IE I can use gmail to send messages, and have them arrive as if they were from my Comcast email address.

This used to be very easy to do, but now ISPs are locking the ability to do this down.

pokkuhlag

Enlightened
Saaby said:
Dunno if it will help, but after verifying that you actually own the "Send as..." email address, gmail will allow you to send mail from any ISP using gmail's SMTP server, cloaked as whoever you want.

IE I can use gmail to send messages, and have them arrive as if they were from my Comcast email address.

This used to be very easy to do, but now ISPs are locking the ability to do this down.

I tried it, but it won't cloack forwarded mail. You will still see the original addy and gmail addy which is used to be forwarded. But the original addy is the one you reply to.

jhereg

Enlightened
Saaby said:

If you are sending the emails to an external source you may have additional problems depending on how you hide the actual sender. There is an optional process called SPF (Sender Policy Framework) in which an email server can verify the computer sending email is authorized to do so under the domain name which is being used.

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks for the input guys.

I think what you guys were saying with Gmail would NOT be autimated?
IE I would have to manually forward them?

I got it working with the FREE program I linked to above.
Seems simple, fast, and does the trick,
I just have it running on a desktop here at work (it wouldnt install on the Win 2003 Server)

~John