Yeah booooyeeee! Got my new E2e today.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love this little thing! So small, yet so much light! I don't know why they couldn't squeeze an extra 5 lumens so it would have the same output as their venerable p60 based lights, but its' fantastic anyway! The clickie switch is the best I've felt. Now of course since I've had this for a whole 5 minutes, lets' talk mods!
Well sort of. All I'm really interested in is an LED head. I realize I can get the KL4 or KL1 for it, but I want to wait and see if Surefire comes out with a new KL4 head that uses the optics for a super tight 65 lumen beam. that would rock.

Anyway, are there any good upgrades for this little powerhouse!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice purchace KDOG3!

You are overlooking perhaps the most useful mod of all, the MN02 lamp. It has the same throw IMHO, and stays nice and white for at least 2 hours. Carry one of these in your SC3 and when you need high quality incan light for an extended amount of time your set.

kelmo

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meh. I like my lights bright. And alot of that stuff that Kiessling just linked to is awfully expensive!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
:D ... yes, it is. But it's good stuff, too, and you can customize some of the stuff so that you can "build" your lights exactly to your needs.

Aleph3NAT.jpg

Aleph3UBH2.jpg

E1e_with_McLux_PR-T.jpg

X3T.jpg

chopsize.jpg

KL4Roth.jpg

McGizmomix.jpg

modular_var2.jpg

etc.

The SF E-Series is maybe the modular system with the most parts available and offers a multitude of options. I really like the concept, but it is not cheap, and you'll need to do a good deal of thinking before choosing your combo ...

bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Thats' alot of options!

I'm still stunned at the tiny size of this thing. Its just amazing to me how much light comes out of such a little thing.

I'm wondering something however. People say this is more of a flood than the P60. I see that its hot spot is only a little bigger. It looks about the same to me.

But what I noticed is that the lamp assembly unscrews out of the reflector, right? (I haven't taken it apart yet.) If I "back out" the LA, will the hotspot get tighter? Will that work or should I leave it alone?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The LA just pops out of the reflector, it isn't a unit with an integrated reflector like the P60. I'd leave it alone though ... and make sure not to touch the bulb or at least clean it with alcohol or something equivalent after touching it.

You can screw the Vitalgear head on the E2e and put the P60 and P61 LA in your E2e this way if interested. The head can't meet SF machining quality though, but it is good looking and a funny thing to play with. Makes a very bright little light with the P61 ...

bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting! Isn't there an adapter ring that will let you put a C2 head on it? I don't think I will do anything like that since I don't want to make it bigger. I just hope SF is going to convert the L4 head to the optics or redesign the reflectored version to throw more (tighter hotspot).

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, there are so-called E2C adaptors from various people. Lighthound is selling one right now IIRC. But as you pointed out ... will make a big head on a small light :D

If you want throw with an E-Series LED head you have the following options:
- SF KL1 stock head
- Aleph1 head with LuxIII (or McLux PR or PR-T head, similar reflector)
- Aleph3 head with LuxIII (big!)

The LuxV in a reflector will always be "floodier" than the LuxIII, and with the small reflector of the KL4 you will never have throw.

bernie

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also a thread buried in the incandescent forum about modding a Scorpion bulb holder with the TL-3 bulb and running two R123s in the E2e. That will almost double the output for you. :)