I'm now fully handicapped. Thanks a lot...

Vee3

Enlightened
First I found I couldn't do long division anymore. I'm a calculator cripple...

Next, I found that I had lost the simple joy of sitting for hours on end reading a good book - Damn internet...

Then I became helpless without my cell phone...

AND NOW.....I can't go outside at night without a flashlight. Before I found this place I never even gave a thought to stumbling and feeling my way around to find a tripped breaker - I had committed each switch location to memory. Tripping over one of my cats (That are conspiring to KILL me by running under my feet at the top of the stairs) was normal. Moonlight always provided PLENTY of light for many things. Not anymore....

Hope y'all are happy. Why don't you start a pacemaker forum too!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
:crackup: How true!

If you're looking for a support group for this addiction though, it's only fair to warn you that you've come to a community full of enablers... :laughing:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahahha pacemaker forum. I'm guilty of grabbing a light that is over kill for the situation now too. Even if no one is around to "show off to". I'm not going to even talk about my colored light addiction.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me?

I can't leave the house without AT LEAST two flashlights, Leatherman Squirt P4 (watch out for the knife addicts, they will get you too, they are starting to get me!), 512MB USB flash drive. Keys and cellphone are quite optional though! And at least one of the lights I carry must be a variable output light, >50 lumens.. increasingly, a digital camera is now becoming most-days-carry (not everyday though).

There used to be a time when the only things in my pocket were keys and wallet, and the only thing besides keys on my keyring was an ornamental key fob. Now there is no room for ornaments and barely enough room for the keys themselves :eek:oo:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT...
IsaacHayes said:
I'm not going to even talk about my colored light addiction.

You and me both, brother. I wish I had a redredred/orange like yours. I know how it is when you finally get a great rendition of a color. That 5W cyan of mine? It'll never get sold.

The first time we see a 3W 360 to 380 UV I'll bet we both jump on that, probably PW will too. I want a UV that will throw a quarter mile.

Back OT...

Vee3 -

Some road test lights were returned to me today so I was light rich when I came home. Door hinge on truck was squeaking. Used to be for a job like that I would just fog the area with WD-40. Not today. Pulled out one of the aspheric lensed River Rocks and pin pointed some accurate squirts of DuraLube. I love application specific tools.

I never leave the house at night w/o a big ars HotWire. I love application specific tools. ;)

--------------
- Jeff

Vee3

Enlightened
Yes, I can see the usefullness of flashlights. However, a blast of WD-40 lit with a lighter burns off the carrier and leaves most of the lubricant while providing PLENTY of light right where you need it!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak: Hehe, yup my r/o is more on the red side. It's uber low Vf that will actually draw 350ma from 2.4v NiMH! Fresh alkalines is around 460ma, but that over drive is ok. It's a 1W so it throws good and has a great runtime with 50-60 lumens. What bin is the 5W cyan, and what host? flex76italy has a 5w cyan that is a color tint 1. I now have some luxIII cyan color tint1. LOVE the color. Finaly have true cyan in my hands. And yes, if I could get a 360-380nm low cost power led, I would be all over it.

Vee3: haha I'll have to try that. "Lubing with napalm"....

WDR65

Enlightened
Used to I could leave the house with just my keys, wallet and my knife. Now I have a keychain light, a small pocketlight and either my A2 or L1 and most of the time both. Someone needs to redesign pants pockets for all this extra stuff. (I'm just kidding, BDU's do this well.)

I seriously use my lights all the time now. Though I can see fairly well at night its just more fun to use my lights. I guess this really is an addiction.........just like me liking guns and knives and all sorts of other gadgets.

my name is fake

Enlightened
when i got my first "real" flashlight, my wife thought iw as crazy , lugging around my Fenix L1P.

Then i said, " here, ill let u have it for a day"

I have to pry it out from her hands nowadays...
I shudder to think what would happen if she sees my C2 and FL6 coming...

Thanks to CPF for this addiction.

AlanH

Enlightened
I've got the same thing here. One day I'm going weird cos of the lights, the next day the Fenix arrives and suddenley, it's in the handbag ("I'm often looking for a small torch, this is perfect")

'Yes I know it is darling, that's why I bloody ordered it' ! Cue purchase of two more

So now I have an addiction to Watches, Lighters, Knives, Lights, Cigars and boy's toys !

So what, I'm having fun and judging by the forum posts here, so is everyoine else.

More Light anyone ?

Alan

GalvanickLucifer

Newly Enlightened
Shortly after discovering this forum, I read a post that related how the poster typically carried 4 lights with them and I thought "how crazy is that?" Then, just the other day, when I realized I was carrying 5 lights ...

Lady Beam

Newly Enlightened
Buy her a Fenix L1P..My hubby just bought me my first flashlite..a Fenix L1P

Thank You BeamHead!
kiss.gif

my name is fake said:
when i got my first "real" flashlight, my wife thought iw as crazy , lugging around my Fenix L1P.

Then i said, " here, ill let u have it for a day"

I have to pry it out from her hands nowadays...
I shudder to think what would happen if she sees my C2 and FL6 coming...

Thanks to CPF for this addiction.