River Rock Latern Again!!!

Spin

Enlightened
It appears that the RR latern is the most sought after latern by experienced LED advocates. I as well as others find that our local target stores are not presently carrying them. Is there an alternative LED AA latern that we should consider?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really can't suggest any other Lantern (the RR is all I have), but I will say that I bought one just last Saturday, so they are still out there.

By the way, does anyone know if you can use the E2 L91 Lithium Batteries in them? That would reduce the weight by quite a bit, and that is very important to me. Thanks

dehnehsu

Newly Enlightened
I'd say hang in there! Here in the SF Bay Area, I couldn't find one anywhere. I went to at least 7 different Targets in 1 week and couldn't find one lantern or the River Rock AAA's either. Now they are plentiful, looks like the feeding frenzy has died down. I'm sure a lot of our fellow board members and fellow Flashaholics bought out the racks when they first hit! Now all is calm here and I see River Rocks everywhere and the pegs are full!

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
If you can't wait, there are a few available at a premium in the "Sell" forum.

$33. delivered in the US. That's $13 more than the Target price... but I've spent more than that in gas driving around looking for them. :)

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted in another thread, Target displays lanterns and flashlights in two different departments in their stores. The River Rock lights are displayed with the nightlights and home safety items (e.g., smoke detectors).

The LED Lenser (Eddie Bauer) lights and other lanterns are displayed in the camping department.

Dallas_Dave

Newly Enlightened
Just to add to the thread... I just returned from Target a few minutes ago. After reading the review at flashlightreviews.com I knew that I wanted one. At the Target in plano at Park and the North Dallas Tollway there were plenty.

As to the quality of the light? I am very pleased, I used to use a coleman lantern to work out in the detached garage. I think I would have been just as happy with this one.

vic303

Enlightened
Hey Dallas, thanks for the tip to the Target on Park! I've got rainchecks for up to 6 lanterns at the sale price! ;)