Question on SureFire 6R

Gman

Enlightened
Howdy Folks,

I trust your holidays went well.

Thinking of buying a 6R, it'll be my first rechargable SF. It appeals to me because it comes with everything to run it either way, Nicad or Lithiums.

I see it uses an "R60" lamp assembly. The info states that it'll do 50 lumens on either power source, 50 minutes on nicad, 60 minutes on two 123s. No change in the lamp is required when switching power sources.

My question is: What is the difference, if any, between a R60 and a P60? If I can run either battery type on the R60, why can't I do the same with a P60?

Instead of springing for a new 6R, why can't I just covert my current 6P to rechargable by buying only the parts required (battery and barrel extension), less the R60, and use the P60 that came with the 6P? Do I really need the R60? Thanx...

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Hi,

You can convert your 6P to 6R with the KR2 kit for $56, comes with everything you'll need. Or you can even convert your 6P to 9P with the A19 adaptor for $12.

SF recommends that you use the P60 (65lm) lamp since the other lamp (R60 50lm) is discontinued. You will get slightly less whiteness from the rechargeable kit than with the lithium. You can also run the P61 for 12 minutes.

If you get the KR2 and the A19, your 6P becomes a very versitile light. 6P,9P and 6R all in one! (of course you'll need the P90/P91 lamp to use the A19 adaptor)

A lockout tailcap is essential as well. Oh and the Shock Isolated Bezel for $16 just in case you drop it. And having a couple of Z17 lens replacement kits couldn't hurt either. I bubble the lens on my 9P every so often.

Hope that helps!

Gman

Enlightened
Thanx much flexmodem. Do you know if the shock bezeL comes in gunmetal? (My 6P is gun metal and has the lock out cap now.)

I assume all the stuff in the KR2 and the A19 is black?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel, KR2 and A19 are all black finish, sorry.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someday, all SF's and their accessories will come in appropriate colours/finishes. Maybe ......

Till then, I suppose you could buy just the "6P body" only ?
Try an ace dealer like Tim Flanagan,
[email protected]

Perhaps he'll be able to get that part alone.

(Emeraldwolf, you forgot to add that with a Z20 "blank battery" it's possible to use the "made up to 9P" as a 2-cell light, without taking the adaptor off.)

lightlover
smile.gif