Christmas Gifts III - All Gone!

ksbman

Flashaholic*
This is year three for my Christmas Give-away and this year I'm doing it a little differently.

The previous two years I pretty much just gave away the lights I bought but didn't use. This year I couldn't afford to buy lights just to try them out, so I don't have very many to give away. I asked other CPF members to donate a light (or whatever) that they are not using, and have received replies from a few good CPF'ers.

Tuesday, December 6th, I will draw names from a hat of those whom ask to be considered in this thread.

The first person drawn gets to choose one light. The second person drawn gets to choose one light from what's left, and so on and so forth.

I won't mention what lights I have until after the drawing.

Here are my rules-

-This offer is open to those active members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, or are still in school.

- If you have a few 'high end' lights, but don't have any cash at the moment, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.
- If you aren't registered at CPF before this post, you don't qualify.
- If you haven't posted at CPF in the last 6 months before this post, you don't qualify.

PLEASE do not ask to be considered just because you do not want to spend your own money. Let someone who truly is in need have a chance to get a light.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :santa:

Well, I just got home from work and figured I do this now instead later this morning after I get up, so lets go!

Here's the order in which the winners get to choose -

1. LightHearted, #31 MR Bulk Lionheart
2. Nomad, #13 Surefire L1
3. JOshooter, #12 Surefire E2O
4. Radio, #5 DSpeck Fire~Fly II
5. lightmeup, #34 ORB Raw Kit
6. teststrips, #15 Surefire E2W
7. rcashel11, #46 Surefire 6P
8. AloneInTheDark, #35 1AA Mag
9. Meduza, #10 ElektroLumens Blaster V
10. luigi, #30 Indium Puck light
11. legtu, #37 Electrolumens XM-3
12. Skyclad01, #38 Electrolumens XM-3
13. Kryosphinx, #9 Gerber Infinity Ultra G
14. mossyoak, #6 ARC AAA Premium
15. Flame, #36 CR2 Mag
16. savumaki, #7 ARC AAA Premium
17. songled, #14 Surefire G2 & #18 Energizer Hi-Tech LED
18. somekind, #8 ARC AAA Premium & pass
19. AJ_Dual, #28 Princeton Tec Switchback & #21 Energizer DoubleBarrel AAA
20. Amadeus93, #1 Inova X1 & #17 Energizer LED Essentials
21. pete7226, #24 Dorcy 2AA & pass
22. igabo, #45 Pelican Saberlite & #27 Rayovac 3-in-1 LED
23. lightmaster, #29 Inova X5 & #23 tritium vials
24. farmall, #40 Nuwai TM-317x & #25 North49 2AA 6LED
25. notrefined, #11 EternalLight ErgoMarine & #32 Princeton Tec Attitude
26. cheapo, #43 CR123A batteries & #22 tritium vials
27. carbine15, #39 Eternalight ErgoMarine & #42 Quest Minimag clone
28. mousezilla, #26 Xnova 1AA 5LED & #20 Energizer DoubleBarrel AAA
29. offroadcmpr, #3 Premierlight PL-1 & #16 Energizer LED Essentials
30. Neg2LED, #41 Quest Minimag clone & #44 Osram Dulux Mini
31. Twisty, #4 Premierlight 3 Watt & #2 Premierlight PL-7

And here's what they get to choose-

1. Gone, to Amadeus93 Inova X1 black body with green LED's, donated by PJ.
2. Gone, to Twisty Premierlight PL-7 , from a passaround, donated by JonSidneyB.
3. Gone, to offroadcmpr Premierlight PL-1 , from a passaround, donated by JonSidneyB.
4. Gone, to Twisty Premierlight 3 Watt , from a passaround, donated by JonSidneyB.
5. Gone, to Radio DSpeck Fire~Fly II with BB500, donated by ksbman.
6. Gone, to mossyoak ARC AAA Premium old style with ARC on the barrel, donated by ksbman.
7. Gone, to savumaki ARC AAA Premium old style with ARC on the barrel, donated by ksbman.
8. Gone, to somekind ARC AAA Premium old style with ARC on the barrel, donated by ksbman.
9. Gone, to Kryosphinx Gerber Infinity Ultra G donated by ksbman.
10. Gone, to Meduza ElektroLumens Blaster V donated by ksbman.
11. Gone, to notrefined EternalLight ErgoMarine , with white LED's. A refurbished one from EternalLight, donated by ksbman.
12. Gone, to JOshooter Surefire E2O with MN03 lamp, donated by ksbman.
13. Gone, to Nomad Surefire L1 donated by ksbman.
14. Gone, to songled Surefire G2 donated by RAF_Groundcrew.
15. Gone, to teststrips Surefire E2W donated by Topper.
16. Gone, to offroadcmpr Energizer LED Essentials Headlamp donated by KevinL.
17. Gone, to Amadeus93 Energizer LED Essentials Headlamp donated by KevinL.
18. Gone, to songled Energizer Hi-Tech LED donated by KevinL.
19. Gone, to ? Energizer Hi-Tech LED donated by KevinL.
20. Gone, to mousezilla Energizer DoubleBarrel AAA(third one down in the link), used but in good shape, donated by minkling.
21. Gone, to AJ_Dual Energizer DoubleBarrel AAA(third one down in the link), used but in good shape, donated by minkling.
22. Gone, to cheapo Two 1.55x5 mm green tritium vials donated by B@rt.
23. Gone, to lightmaster Two 1.55x5 mm green tritium vials donated by B@rt.
24. Gone, to pete7226 Dorcy 2AA 1 watt Luxeon donated by LEDninja.
25. Gone, to farmall North49 2AA 6LED donated by LEDninja. Looks like a Quest minimag clone but with 6 LEDs in the head.
26. Gone, to mousezilla Xnova 1AA 5LED donated by LEDninja.
27. Gone, to igabo Rayovac 3-in-1 LED Head-Lite donated by LEDninja.
28. Gone, to AJ_Dual Princeton Tec Switchback Headlamp donated by Sigman.
29. Gone, to lightmaster Inova X5 Black with white LED's, donated by TimB.
30. Gone, to luigi Indium Puck light , from a passaround, donated by JonSidneyB.
31. Gone, to LightHearted MR Bulk LionHeart Black CPF #45 with Pila 168 and charger, donated by Sakugenken.
32. Gone, to notrefined Princeton Tec Attitude donated by Greenlight.
33. Greenlight will also ship an ET magnet to each winner of the contest up to 15 winners counting up from the bottom of the list.
34. Gone, to lightmeup ORB Raw Kit which includes Orb RAW U-bin from the first batch with Green Tritium Vial, Unopened UCL and Keychain Ring from flashlightlens.com, Unused Nano Charger with Spacer Magnets, (1) x RCR2 still on initial charge, and original Packaging from Orb, donated by nekomane.
35. Gone, to AloneInTheDark 1AA Mag donated by Ledean.
36. Gone, to Flame CR2 Mag donated by Ledean.
37. Gone, to legtu Electrolumens XM-3 donated by jbfla.
38. Gone, to Skyclad01 Electrolumens XM-3 donated by jbfla.
39. Gone, to carbine15 Eternalight ErgoMarine with 2 green and 2 white leds, donated by jbfla.
40. Gone, to farmall Nuwai TM-317x donated by cratz2.
41. Gone, to Neg2LED Quest Minimag clone with tail clickie and a Nichia CS LED and drilled reflector, donated by cratz2.
42. Gone, to carbine15 Quest Minimag clone with tail clickie and a 35k LED and drilled reflector, donated by cratz2.
43. Gone, to cheapo 20 new Titanium CR123A batteries donated by LifeNRA.
44. Gone, to Neg2LED Osram Dulux Mini donated by Jumi.
45. Gone, to igabo Pelican Saberlite 2020 Recoil donated by notrefined.
46. Gone, to rcashel11 Surefire 6P donated by iNDiGLo.

Holy cow this list was a lot of work!
I'd like to thank all the Santas who donated a gift for the give-away. :thanks::bow:
I'd also like to thank jayflash and Paul_in_Maryland for their cash donations. :thanks::bow:
If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. You probably sent me an e-mail using the CPF link, and that quit working a couple weeks ago for some unknown reason.

RULES- Don't take a light just because it is free. If you have no use for what is available when it is your turn to choose, leave it for the next person. Please be considerate.

The first person on the list picks which light he wants and posts his choice. The second person then makes his choice from what's left and posts what he's chosen. And so on.

Once we get to the bottom of the list there will still be some lights left over. We'll just run the list again, this time in reverse order, starting from the bottom and working up until all the lights are gone.

I will update the list to reflect what's been chosen already, but you don't have to wait on me. Just read the post ahead of yours and choose accordingly.

The process will take a few days because I won't notify you when it's your turn. You'll just have to check the thread to see when you're up. If it's been your turn for a couple days and you haven't chose yet, I will send you an e-mail and/or a PM. If I still haven't heard from you, you will be skipped over.

After you've chosen a light, send an e-mail with your address to the person who donated the light and we'll mail your light to you.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :santa:

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
Re: Christmas Gifts III

I would like to be considered for this, I think I'm definitely in the "truly in need" and my idea of "high end" is my mini-mag with nite ize upgrade (I also have a 5 D mag that I got for $6 and use for work).

Oh yes, I'm a 35 year old college freshman (teaching major) who lost everything a short while back. Making a fresh start. I work a 30-50 hour/week security job to make ends meet. A high powered flashlight would be a great asset to my job, but also I'd just love to have something bright and unusual!

P.S. does anyone have bulbs for a Energizer 6AA that they could spare? I'd REALLY REALLY be grateful! These are bi-pin bulbs and I can't find them anywhere.

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

i too would like to be considered in this offer.

-David

AloneInTheDark

Newly Enlightened

I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been reading a lot of threads to try and learn as much as I can. Everybody around here thinks I'm crazy, but I'm having fun. :) I hope to be considered for this drawing.

greenLED

Flashaholic

I am very greatful for the wonderful present ksbman sent me last year; that really lightened up our Christmas. :bow:
I am now blessed enough to be able to contribute.
I think ksbman's Christmas Giveaway is a great show of CPF spirit.

Last edited:

mccavazos

Enlightened

I would like to be considered. I had to sell off most of my lights for food money recently. :( Hopefull i will able to donate to thsi next year.

legtu

Enlightened

I'd like to be considered... :)
Thanks in advance!

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened

I'm a full-time student and would be grateful to be included for the drawing.

Thanks.

igabo

Enlightened

Another Student.. Highest end light I've ever had is river rock AAA.

Last edited:

Skyclad01

Enlightened

I would like to be considered for this too if I may. As some know, Im on a very thin shoestring budget and between jobs at the moment.

Last edited:

BlueGerbil

Newly Enlightened

I would like to be considered too. Getting flashlights "over here" is f...ing expensive.
:thanks: