NRA Members Sound Off!!

nirad

Enlightened
Being an NRA member myself, how many "Brothers in Arms" are out there in CPF land????

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hello brothers! :wave:
...and sisters! :)

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am not a gun owner and i dont realy like em but i will stand up for the right of a eprson who wants to own one .long as he is a law obeying person

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Life member also.Any CPF members in Ohio that need a safe place to shoot-PM me.

CajunBabe

Newly Enlightened
As soon as my four brothers and I were old enough to hold up a gun and go hunting with father, he signed us up to become a NRA member. Now that we are all adults, we still are active NRA members, we can't break our father's tradition!

CajunBabe

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Just to expand on my post in this thread:

I am a 3rd generation life NRA member. My dad and grandfather were also life members. :)

I would also like to ask what everyone does with their NRA magazines. Both my dad and grandfather kept every issue. My dad's collection went from the early 70's to Jan. 2000. My grandfathers went from the early 50's to 2003.
It is really neat to go back and look at some of the old issues.
I have every issue since I joined for life in Feb. 2000 but I wonder if there may be something better to do with them than just store them.
I always make sure the issues for the last 3 months or so are on the end table beside the couch for anyone to read.

Lady Beam

Newly Enlightened
Will a "Sister in Arms" do?
I'm not a member but do own a gun! :)

nirad said:
Being an NRA member myself, how many "Brothers in Arms" are out there in CPF land????

dniice87

Newly Enlightened
My dad has been a member of the NRA for as long as i can remember. I'll get around to it some day for sure, but for now ill just have to keep rockin my NRA shirt.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
270winchester said:
I'm a member-obviously.

I pay yearly dues, fugure that way I give more to the NRA over my life time, not counting regular contributions.

Nick
You bring up a very good point. The NRA can be overbearing to say the least by sending out mail asking for donations. BUT we must all remember that the legal battles are not won with wishful thinking. It takes money and lots of it. I myself give when I can to help insure the future of the 2nd for my children.
Also you can call them and tell them to take you off of the mailing list so you do not receive the donation request mail. But I have not told them to stop because I need the reminder sometimes. A year can pass very quickly and before you know it you have not donated to the cause that you feel so strongly about.
I used to work for a man who is very wealthy and a NRA member. He will send in $1,000 a pop sometimes. I asked him one time, when I was much younger and naive, if he thought it helped (sending all that money to the NRA). He just pointed to his 2 daughters, who were outside playing, and said "I send it to help them." "I am investing in their future right to defend themselves and their homes."
We must all remember that we are not only investing in our present but also our children's and grandchildren's future.

Last edited:

Vee3

Enlightened
I'm a member, I give when I can and I vote pro-gun.

To anyone out there who feels strongly about their rights (All of them) under the US Constitution, I'd urge you to join up. If everyone in the US who agrees with the NRA would join, our gun rights (And many others) would not continue to be able to become so diluted. As it is now, the few (Members) are holding the line for the many (Non-members) IMO.

The NRA is really the only pro-gun Org that's powerful enough to take on the "anti's" effectively (Not that any of the other Orgs are bad or anything).

I've also recently thought about joining JPFO. Some of the things they have to say make a lot of sense, even to this Gentile.