Snap On man is gonna get me killed!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Today I did NOT want to get on his truck. I KNEW it would be a bad idea.

He had (and I got) a Streamlight Tasklight 3AA Lux.

Quickly, I find a problem that is almost inexcusable. The emitter is not centered on the star. It results in an off center spot. Also it has some rings and stuff that have been made much better with Writeright. I put some marks on the part that holds down the star and heatsink so returning it may be sticky.

I plan to take it back to work and use it as a shop light as I know a shop in Pasadena that has one that has been beat to heck and still works.

We also got some nice new 1/4" drive 6 point sockets and a few other cool items for the shop. One really trick piece looks like a short 1/4" extension with a magnet extension that turns a 1/4" socket into a magnetic socket. Cool Stuff!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Oh, these are work tools! Explain to her the perils of using a grocery store 2 D cell light in your work environment. Grunt like Tim Allen in Home Improvement, and spew forth techno babble about the LED, or something... :grin2:

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Last time i checked, "hand tools" are tax deductable in full the first year purchased. Also - this is a SAFETY issue. No 120 vac and no cord to trip on!

jeremycollins

Newly Enlightened
I assumed he bypassed his Mafia connection that normally supplies his tools and bought from the Snap On guy instead.

I've been watching way too much of the Soprano's.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We go to Sears for non-critical tools and boxes, and we get the good stuff from Snap-On. But this is the second light in two weeks. She may get suspicius!!!

I have a 1/4" set from Snap-On that I wouldn't take for! But we have Craftsman Lazer marked 3/8" sockets and they are cool!

The SL 4AA Lux I got last week is way nicer than the Tasklight when you include switching and such!

I guess there is too much worry about other stuff to get the lights noticed...

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
She won't be suspecious unless she knows your a flashaholic.. then your doomed!!! You'll be banned from buying/using any lights!! muahah!
2 lighs is ok.. what if someone else needs one at the same time?

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
PlayboyJoe:

Here's the solution to your dilemna: just get your cousin one of those Streamlight Luxeon 3AAs!

Chicks dig them. I gave one (silver) to my Better Half and she won't leave home without it.

OTOH, I also gave one of 'em to my brother, a former college-scholarship 230 lb.linebacker, and he loves the dang light, too. Says it whacks-and-flails like a Kubotan on steroids.

Like the Inovas, the "ringy" beam ain't noticeable outside.