Does your spouse know???

Coop57

Enlightened
My wife knows I'm into flashlights, but she is kinda vague on the entire subject. We walk the dog every night with a Inova T3. For reading in bed at night we both have MM2AA with Led conversion kits. We have an emergency WTSHTF light a StreamLight Stinger with spare bat. Her car has a SF G2. Our key rings both have ARC AAAs. Her purse has a River Rock .5 watt 2aaa. This does not include all the EDC lights I have or all the weapon lights I have. Or all the spotting lights I have. We go camping and everybody has a Dorcy 1AAA LED around their necks. She has no idea how much I have invested in flashlights. If she new she woul have a s**t fit.
Does this sound familar? :lolsign:

Topper

Flashaholic*
I should stay out of this one but as I am here posting I will make a statement.
CPF is an open forum, that means anybody as in ANYBODY on the planet could see your post (including spouses) that being stated upfront; my wife whom happens to be one of the smartest most beautiful women to grace this planet is not into flashlights if she was she might kill me.
Topper

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I'm seenngle!! :naughty:

But I do have a mom that says my name in a whiney voice whenever she sees me with a new light. And if she knew I'm fixin' to buy one of black bears Mag1050 lights this Friday, she would have me committed.

John

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I can't say I told her about every single light, but it was a lie by omission...

But, if any of us ever feel bad about lying about a $50 light here and there, I remember one family member that is a high end home and 'medical strip' designer/builder/contractor so obviously has a couple $$$ for toys. As a quick aside, I've been into high end home audio and home theater for a long time and have talked with and recommended many items to him. Anyway, they had built their first 'BIG' house which I had been through many times during construction and had suggested items for the dedicated home theater down stairs. So Christmas time came around and they were giving tours as more people would show up. At one point, with his wife right there, someone asked about the projector and screen and he said something like 'it was pretty expensive... about $3,500' and gave me that evil 'don't you DARE say a word' looks. The projector cost at least ten times that... The screen might have cost $2,000 and between the furniture, audio equipment, cables, acoustic treatment, etc... the room cost at least $60,000.

So if I forgot to mention I just ordered a Fenix L2P that I'm not likely to carry, I'm still WAY ahead of him.
rolleye11.gif

hburner

Enlightened
OH YEAH:bumpit: , She knows most everthing about the prices of my lights so every now and then I have to fudge about a price of a new light or gadget for one of my lights!! I will usually bring up her closet full of new close if she gets to upset about oh lets say a $126.00 C3 or a $350.00 M6!!!!

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
NO!! My wife has no idea-a flashlight is a flashlight to her-if she knew how much I spent on them,I'd be dead meat.:laughing:

bexteck

Enlightened
No wife yet, but at the moment I have to hide the invoices from my flashlight purchases from my parents, or they just might have the bank freeze my assets. They are both getting lights for christmas and I am wondering how long it will take for them to ask how much I spent. (G2 for mom's purse, and Nuwai TM-301X-3 for dad to use while hunting).

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
smile - well my wonderfull wife kind of went through a change.

Before taking orders (first run) for the GatLight - I asked her whether she wants one as well - she said no - you have one that's enough.

Then when I got the first round lights she took them in her hands - (they feel really nice - very smooth and different then any other light) - so she immediately fell for it...so she kept bugging me that she wants one or two for herself - unfortunately all 40 units were spoken for. Of course I told her she can hold mine:whistle::whistle: or I could borrow her mine for certain occasions, but she insisted on having her own. So for round 2 she wants 1x123-Titanium and a 1xPILA Titanium... (with the rising TI prices that's like $800 total :thinking::thinking:)

Anyway better then her not caring at all, or even opposing it :)

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
Mine knows I have a lot of money in lights but she would have a fit if she knew just how much. It's not that I can't spend my money on whatever I want but she thinks my collections are frivolous. How many lights do I need? How many knives, how many watches? To her one of anything is enough and a flashlight is just a flashlight. Oh well. :)

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
My wife knows about 60% of what i've purchased. Sometimes she'll walk past where i have my lights sitting on top of a bookcase and say "When did you get this one?" and I'll say "Ah honey i've had that one a long time." She'll look at me like "Yeah right" but never challenges me. :laughing:

The funny part is...sitting on top of her computer desk is a CPF LE 16, a Surefire G2, and a Sams Club Element. I'm indirectly purchasing a few lights for her as my arsenal grows.

So at some point i can say "Hey, you've gotta quite the collection there yourself!" :crackup:

-As Christmas nears i find that i currently have a Surefire L2 and a U2 Ultra on the way here. :whistle:
-There might be a ZTS Battery Tester on the way too. :whistle:
-Possibly a Fenix L2P. :whistle:
-And maybe a Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA LUXEON LED Flashlight. :whistle:

Of course i can neither confirm nor deny this due to self-incrimination. :lolsign:

iNDiGLo

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife is fully aware but I have a flashlight fund so it keeps me from spending what I shouldn't. On the other hand, compared to the price tag of my camera gear the flashlights are pretty minor. The only one that even showed up on the radar was the Gladius (which may be my most expensive impulse purchase ever).

On the other hand, my light collecting is mostly on hold right now. I'm really waiting to see the next generation of LED products.

h_nu

Enlightened
Of course every flashaholic's wife is probably thinking "At least the flashlights keep him from noticing my...".

my name is fake

Enlightened
At first no. Then she sees me going to CPF more and more often, then the flashlights starts coming and now for every one torch I own, she wants her own!!

I love my wife but its gonna really drain my wallets!:help:

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I've just begun, picking up the occasional Dorcy or Brinkmann, but the wife has already caught on.

It's a bad time as we've got four kids in diapers, so I'm trying to keep things under control.

"Do you have a new collection going?", rolling her eyes.

My glib reply, "Hey, at least it's cheaper than the guns!" That didn't go very far, but she took it humorously. I got her a Garrity LED light as an added "stocking stuffer" for her B-day, thinking the included red filter would be good for checking on the kiddos at night. She refused it, and set it aside for return, but never got around to it. When she realized that I eventualy opened and appropriated it, she put 2+2 together...

Kolohe

Newly Enlightened
My girlfriend knows how much some of my lights cost and used to get upset until we had a blackout. Nowdays, If she questions the arrival of another new light, I just calmly remind her of her 3 dozen pairs of shoes.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Yeah, this is a fun thread,

I told my fiance that my HDS U60 XRGT was $40.00, the Mag85 was $20.00, Surefire M6 was $60.00, Lioncub was $30.00, Costco HID $25.00, SF U2 was $45.00, etc.....

I dont think she would care much, but were saving up for our down payment on our house. So 30 or 40 bucks here doesnt sound bad, in all reality its $250 here and $280 there. :rock:

I make enough money to where I can do this with out really touching the house money, this hobby keeps me sane. seriously.

I get pleasure out of reading and participating in CPF, it has really become one of my favorite ways to relax. And I am ALWAYS lookin for my next light. Do I need another light? Probably not, but it makes me happy and thats what counts.

-PSM