Amber lens/led to cut through smoke/fog

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

Is there an amber lens that will fit a Nuwai Q-3 bezel? I have a friend that would like to know if this is available and if such a device would cut through smoke better than the white beam of an led flashlight.

Thanks, Scott

Wyeast

Enlightened
TranquillityBase said:
Hi All,

Is there an amber lens that will fit a Nuwai Q-3 bezel? I have a friend that would like to know if this is available and if such a device would cut through smoke better than the white beam of an led flashlight.

Thanks, Scott

If there is, you'd get a heavy cut in light output since LED's naturally have low output in the yellow/orange/red range.

Depending on the usage, you might want to look at an incan if you're really looking for a "smokecutter" light.

Wyeast

Enlightened
Actually a decent little light I have that's good for that is a Pelican Stealthlite. Incan, with a laser-tight hotspot. Does a decent job in fog/underwator, I'd imagine the same for smoke. :D

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amber is no better than any other light. The best way to handle this is to hold the light as far away from you as possible. That way you don't have to look at the direct reflection of light from the drops and will be able to see better. It's the main reason fog lights are low and flash units on most underwater cameras are on a long arm.