1.4V AA Batteries Exist?

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Are there AA batteries with a higher voltage other than 1.2v? If there are higher voltages, can it usually be found in your local electrical store?

Thanks!

David_Campen

Enlightened
Are there AA batteries with a higher voltage other than 1.2v? If there are higher voltages, can it usually be found in your local electrical store?
Sure, these are called Alkaline batteries.

greenLED

Flashaholic
NiMH and NiCd's are 1.2V
alkies are 1.5
lithiums are 1.7 (1.5)
li-ion are 3.6-4.2 (depending on state of charge)

What is your application?
Panasonic Oxyride and its Duracell equivalent(forgot the name) are 1.7v. initial voltage.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkcobra said:

Thanks!
A Ni-CD or Ni-MH AA rechargable is 1.2V nominal voltage but hot off a charger, they'd be around 1.4V. A alkaline AA is 1.5V nominal and a Lithium AA is around 1.6V nominal.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Illum_the_nation said:
i thought energizer's Lithium AA [L91] is 1.4v is it not?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

You put lithium AA's on a voltmeter and you'll get close to 1.8V with some cells.

Illum

Flashaholic
InfidelCastro said:
You put lithium AA's on a voltmeter and you'll get close to 1.8V with some cells.

something tell me I want to throw aray my meter and buy a new one...maybe a digital one... :thinking:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a cheap one, I think Sears has one on sale for about $15. It's not a Fluke, but then most people don't need to have a Fluke meter.

Illum_the_nation said:
something tell me I want to throw aray my meter and buy a new one...maybe a digital one... :thinking: