1 Mode 8x AMC7135 board

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a single mode board with 8x AMC7135 chips for a P60 style drop in. Found one so far from a place I've never heard of but was wondering if anyone might know where there might be some for purchase.

The chips can be stacked, I've done it before on 6P drop ins, a couple of x300 and an LX2 but the work is rough on my crappy eyes. I've got the parts to build some myself but would rather purchase a few ready to go.

ETA:

Also trying to find some quality gold plated small contact springs. The ones I've run into so far seem pretty thin and are wound just a tad big for the pad on the PCB. There are some that are a thicker material that are wound tighter but finding them, along with a single mode 8x AMC board is like hunting for unicorns...

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
I had a website saved that sold all all that with options and there in the US and they add the 7135 chips onsite. Ill try to find it

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
I had a website saved that sold all all that with options and there in the US and they add the 7135 chips onsite. Ill try to find it

Might be Mountain Electronics ?

Their website was one of the hits in my search. Soldering on extra AMC chips was a service they do offer. Shot an email to them with some questions.
I can solder on extra AMC ships myself. Does it suck with 44 year old eyes and an astigmatism ? Yes but I can do it.
Looking for something that comes with 8 chips from the factory already.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Might be Mountain Electronics ?

Their website was one of the hits in my search. Soldering on extra AMC chips was a service they do offer. Shot an email to them with some questions.
I can solder on extra AMC ships myself. Does it suck with 44 year old eyes and an astigmatism ? Yes but I can do it.
Looking for something that comes with 8 chips from the factory already.

I think that's it. Ah gotcha. Have you tried eBay? I have seen drivers with the leads attached with 10 7135s for $19 shipped...no clue if that is good tho.
Good luck :thumbup:

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Richard from Mountain Electronics replied with links to the driver I was looking for. He can flash a custom firmware with one mode for a very small charge.

He also has some drivers that are modified for 6V MT-G2 emitters to run on two Li-oin cells in series. Which I'm kind of interested in trying for a project.

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Mountain Electronics also has some drivers that are modified for 6V MT-G2 emitters to run on two Li-oin cells in series. Which I'm kind of interested in trying for a project.
I have been looking at those as I want to build a mt-g2 mule using two imr 18650s

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
Found another but it's in China. Haven't ever had problems getting items from there so I ordered a few to check them out. Just the wait is killer.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard from Mountain Electronics replied with links to the driver I was looking for. He can flash a custom firmware with one mode for a very small charge.

This is a VERY good option, cos all other single mode drivers lack the IC, ergo the low battery protection/warning

Also trying to find some quality gold plated small contact springs. The ones I've run into so far seem pretty thin and are wound just a tad big for the pad on the PCB. There are some that are a thicker material that are wound tighter but finding them, along with a single mode 8x AMC board is like hunting for unicorns...

Intl-outdoor has soem very good offerings. pick the dimensions carefully