• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 100pc Left Titanium Firefly

Scotcha

Newly Enlightened
Received mine in Australia today. Fantastic light. 219B tint is very nice as expected and top grade machining. Thank you!!!

gasdoc

Newly Enlightened
Got mine today in California. Easy to install trits.

Is there a manual somewhere? I'm having some challenges getting it to turn on consistently in the same brightness setting.

lacrimosa

Newly Enlightened
Are you using li ion? I wonder if it is brighter that way?

I just did an unscientific test with a AA (Eneloop Pro) and a 14500 Li ion. The Li ion looks noticeably brighter to me. I'm using a protected cell, and it is quite tight. Might have a hunt around for an IMR.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just did an unscientific test with a AA (Eneloop Pro) and a 14500 Li ion. The Li ion looks noticeably brighter to me. I'm using a protected cell, and it is quite tight. Might have a hunt around for an IMR.
Thanks for the quick reply! How was heat? How many modes? What is ui? I've scoured the thread and kickstarter but I cannot find ui.

Last edited:

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know what size rubber boot will fit? I really dislike the metal switch cap. It's very loose and gets caught quite easily.

lacrimosa

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply! How was heat? How many modes? What is ui? I've scoured the thread and kickstarter but I cannot find ui.

Full press to switch on and off. You can do like a half press to cycle the brightness modes, though if you switch off and on quickly (within a second or so), then that also cycles the mode (so like a double click I guess). Goes from lowest to highest.

I've got the Eneloop Pro AA back in there now, so take this bit with a grain of salt. Leaving it on the brightest mode, the head section gets warm, but nowhere near uncomfortable. The section where the trits go is a separate piece, so the heat doesn't seem to transfer as effectively down to there, though it still does get warm.

I have noticed that the tail switch is quite sticky on mine. Anyone else have this?

Last edited:

jeb

Newly Enlightened
Just got it, but there is something wrong with it.

i can't take off the the copper part, and can't install the tritiums.
also, I found a scratch on it.

is it the defective one?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't take the copper part off

Stop babbling!

The copper part as you are calling it is supposed to stay in place.

Look at my review pictures. Just the head containing the lens and reflector should be removed.

The tritium is loaded thru the 8 holes. There's enough clearance for either the tritium or stainless steel rods.