12 day mountain bike trip!

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah... finally caught up to you. Lost the thread for a bit! Amazing to hear that you're

a. Back
b. Alive

Not a word about O2 starvation? I could barely handly 6k feet! How did you do it at 11?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Slight slowdown on day1. No problem after that.

Darell said:
Ah... finally caught up to you. Lost the thread for a bit! Amazing to hear that you're

a. Back
b. Alive

Not a word about O2 starvation? I could barely handly 6k feet! How did you do it at 11?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ahhh....

To revive an old thread....

Seems I am making plans to go back this summer. Am even working on taking the wife along. If she goes, we'll take the telluride to moab route (easy one). If I go alone, it'll be durango to moab.

Finally found an airline that flies from my place to telluride. Will be nice not having to drive 24+ hours (one way).

turbodog

Flashaholic
To revive it again...

Never went in 2010, but will likely go in July 2011. Wife said she would go, but my better judgment didn't hold her to that.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep us updated!:thumbsup:
I've gone to Durango once a year for the last 4 years. Absolutely love it there. Hoping to be able to move out there toward the end of this year or next at latest.
Biking has been my only form of transportation for 9+ years now and this year, I'd like to take one of my bikes there.
Sounds like quite the ride you're planning! Only heard good things about Telluride, gotta make it there as well as Ouray.

turbodog

Flashaholic
And another 'revival' of the thread.

After a few years of false starts and delays, WE ARE BOOKED BABY! Depart Aug 15. Durango route w/ singletrack option.

Got trip paid for, plane tickets, hotels paid for, huge plastic bike shipping device, and a new/better rear rack. Also several bulky/heavy gear items were replaced with better/smaller/lighter ones.

And there's a new bike as well. Nice Orbea Oiz softtail.

happy dance...

turbodog

Flashaholic
Will put something in here in next couple of weeks. Have to do a test fit of the gear soon.

We are going bare bones. Not even carrying an insulated jacket.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Didn't get enough punishment the first 2 times. Wife (!) and I are going for my 3rd and her 1st trip.

She mentioned something about pushing me off a cliff. Sure it was a joke...

turbodog

Flashaholic
Got back today around 3am. Had a good time. Was unseasonably cool.

My hds clicky failed! Refused to turn on. Tried to reset it, no luck. Finally started working again for no reason. Worked a while, then quit again.