• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 12AA in 3D M*g rechargeable by Fivemega

jefft

Enlightened
Ok, ok..... I'll come out to play again.

PayPal sent for (1) Pewter 12AA in 3D M*g host with battery carrier plus (1) 9AA to 3D battery holder.

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Dibs for one with a reflector. Do you have any beamshots of the HS vs MOP reflectors? Stupid question but will those reflectors with with the 64610 awr mentioned?

elnino

Enlightened
Will the battery holder in this M*g be able to withstand the heat generated by a 62138 (or 64610) bulb without any problem?

phips

Newly Enlightened
elnino said:
Will the battery holder in this M*g be able to withstand the heat generated by a 62138 (or 64610) bulb without any problem?
I am no expert with high power lights but my Mag85 with fivemegas batteryholder does not even get warm and since it has no springs there should be no problem with heat generated by resistance.
Batteries getting hot enough to destroy the plastic would destroy themselves in the process I think.
As for the heat generated by the bulb itself: Before reaching the holder it would most likely kill the plastic magswitch.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think that elnino is talking about just the LAMP heat migrating down into the battery.. not to worry at all nino.... running a mag100 for a full burn will get the batteries up to about 120F.. not an issue at all for the battery pack.. this holder is absoultely first-rate regarding resistance.. since it's straight series.. no solder and no rods to carry current.. just the brass bars.. nearly impossible to beat.. better than soldered or welded pack if you use progold on the contacts.

-awr

phips

Newly Enlightened
One thing I forgot: If you are going to drill a hole in the back cap for the charging plug like on the spiral mag, please don't do that on mine.
(Even if it does not fit without modding, I will do that anyway)

k-2

Newly Enlightened
Varooj,

paypal.gif
for:
(1) #3 Blue $95
(1) Boro lens $5.50
Shipping $10
Total $110.50

Thanks,
k-2

sygyzy

Enlightened
Do these include the base? In short, the only thing missing is literally the bulb?

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
sygyzy said:
Do these include the base? In short, the only thing missing is literally the bulb?
I think you still need to supply a socket for the type of bulb you want to use if it isn't compatible with the stock mag socket.

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Im about to get a hotdriver+Kiu socket for your Mag host. Will the Kiu work with your reflector?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
KIU solution will certainly work in this host. The charger linked above is the 9cell charger.. you need twelve cell charger.. no time to search for the link but batteryspace has it, it's great it's what i use for my Mag100s.

If i diddn't have a tri-bore 3D for 100W i would buy this exact light.. no monkeying around with battery packs, it's all done.. this plus a hotdriver for 100W.. bango. presto mag138.

The small ream reflectors don't fit the 100W lamps.. it's not a difficult process to make the ream bigger if needed.. but the normal 'LOP' MOP etc reflectors have a ream big enough for the PR base and work just fine with 100W lights.

If you want to use this host with 1166 lamp and hotdriver it will be an excellent host.. with only 2A draw you can use over 2000mAH cells vs the low capacity high output CBP cells.. and get over an hour of runtime!

Direct-drive you can run the 64623 lamp also 100W. want whiter with more flood.. the 64625, but that requires regulation.. and 11 cells (the PIR can work with 12 cells).

-awr

Last edited:

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i can confirm they are awesome.

I made ONE tiny mod to mine.. since i tend to run ludicrously high current lamps.. I dremeled the + post coming out the bottom to match the curve of the + contact inside better. I would recommend doing it if you are pushing more than 4A but otherwise, it's one fine piece of work.

A bit hard to justify the price when a complete KIU solution costs less.. the main problem with the PIR adapter is that the current still has to go through the spring.. now with direct-drive solutions as it turns out that spring resistance saves bulbs. Nonetheless. it's definitely easier to put in than a KIU!.

-awr

Latest posts