150 lumens+ LED flashlight

Spypro

Enlightened
Yeah me too.
Both like look amazing and not too big too EDC. Plus: they push a lot of light ;)

wintermute

Enlightened
WE website is a complete mess - they need to redesign it for sure. Numbers just don't seem to make sense. Email the guys at PTS with questions.

Edit: With all the accessories for the WE, I think it would be WolfEyes if I was looking for the same thing. After all of this, I think I'm going to buy a WolfEyes for all of the accessories!

Last edited:

Spypro

Enlightened
I really like the DefenderII with is nice looking bezel.
I'll contact PTS for more informations.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spypro,

I know you like the Wolf-Eyes and P3D for their 170 lumens and 160 lumens claims, respectively. But keep in mind those are emitter lumens. the Wolf-Eyes is likely around 125-130 lumens out the front, and the P3D tested at 125 lumens from FLR. Just wanted to note this to you so you are comparing apples to apples. The 139 lumens from a Huntlight FT-01 XR-E is out the front, and the Lumapower M1 gets about 115 lumens out the front on primaries (less with an 18650). Make sure you compare the same figures.
The Wolf-Eyes lights seem really well made and I'd say they'd be a great buy for what you're looking for. The Dereelight 2.0 would be my 2nd choice for you. The Huntlight is the brightest, but is a reverse clicky. The Lumapower is less bright than the others, but has a very tight hotspot due to the large reflector. If you think the Gladius is too pricey, don't look at the SFs.

wintermute

Enlightened
Spypro,

I know you like the Wolf-Eyes and P3D for their 170 lumens and 160 lumens claims, respectively. But keep in mind those are emitter lumens. the Wolf-Eyes is likely around 125-130 lumens out the front, and the P3D tested at 125 lumens from FLR. Just wanted to note this to you so you are comparing apples to apples.
You just wait until I get my Cree Q4s and Q5s in those P3Ds - then you'll see 160 out the front. :D

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
I really like the DefenderII with is nice looking bezel.
I'll contact PTS for more informations.
Hi Guys,
After a few emails and PM's I think it's a good idea to post the information here.
I updated the website with an "Included items" tab so you know what your getting.

The Defender and Sniper use the same D26 module.
All the 6 series flashlights come with a 3.7-6V self sensing module so you can use (1) LRB168A/18650 Li-ion battery or (2) CR123A batteries. If you plan to use the RCR123 batteries that are 3.7V each we have another Cree module that can be substituted that is 3.7-13V, oh, and there is no extra charge.
Beam patern is a spot flood so you have good throw with lots of light in the spot. The spill light is amazing like most of the Cree's I've seen.

Wolf Eyes does not have a pocket clip for any of their products yet, sorry.
If you're going to use rechargeable batteries the best would be Wolf Eyes LRB168A Li-ion batteries, you'll get more runtime out of these than you would RCR123 batteries and Wolf Eyes have a one year warranty. If you use the Wolf Eyes brand LRB168A batteries there will be no need to get the optional Cree module since the 3.7-6V module that comes with the lights standard will be more efficient. The regulation on these is very good!

Specifications: Cree HO 3.7V-6V D26/D36 lamp assembly
• Output: 170 lumens
• Voltage: 3.7V-6V
• Runtime (1x168A battery): 110 minutes with regulated output, 30 minutes with unregulated output Runtime
• Runtime (2xCR123 batteries): 80 minutes with regulated output, 4 hours with unregulated output

Wolf Eyes - 6A (Cree P4 HO) Sniper includes the following:
1 – Sniper (Cree P4 HO) Tactical Flashlight
1 – LRB168A Li-ion Battery
1 – CH-02 Fast AC Charger (3hrs or less charge time)
1 - Gift Box

Wolf Eyes - D2A (Cree P4 HO) Defender includes the following:
1 – Defender (Cree P4 HO) Tactical Flashlight
1 – LRB168A Li-ion Battery
1 – CH-02 Fast AC Charger (3hrs or less charge time)
1 – Gift Box

If you all ready have rechargeable batteries (LRB168A/18650) you will want to get one of the non-rechargeables with an X in the part number.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Thanks for the details!

I'm still a bit confused about the run times though.

I was under the impression that the 18650 unregulated would give a longer run time than just 30 minutes...

(Using the Lumapower M1 as a reference: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm)

I'm a flashlight newbie so I have no idea :confused:
Hi Dinan,
The Graph on Flashlight Reviews indicates that the Lumapower is not regulated and starts to dim from the beginning while the Wolf Eyes is fully regulated and stays the same brightness during the regulation period. Once the voltage from the LRB168A/18650 battery falls below the required amount the lamp goes into a non regulated mode (like the Lumapower's entire battery life) and gives diminishing useful light until the battery shuts it's self down at the low voltage cut off. With full regulation you get the maximum amount of light and Wolf Eyes designed it to fall out of regulation with useful diminishing light so you know when your light needs a charge or new batteries.

Spypro

Enlightened
Hi Mike ! Thanks for the answers !
I have some questions:
Can I use the CH-02 charger to charge other battery than the LRB168A ?
Is there two stages of output ?
Is the 3.7-13v module can take the LRB168A and 18650 ?
What is the runtime with 18650 battery ?

Thanks !

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dinan,
The Graph on Flashlight Reviews indicates that the Lumapower is not regulated and starts to dim from the beginning while the Wolf Eyes is fully regulated and stays the same brightness during the regulation period. Once the voltage from the LRB168A/18650 battery falls below the required amount the lamp goes into a non regulated mode (like the Lumapower's entire battery life) and gives diminishing useful light until the battery shuts it's self down at the low voltage cut off. With full regulation you get the maximum amount of light and Wolf Eyes designed it to fall out of regulation with useful diminishing light so you know when your light needs a charge or new batteries.

Ah I see. So with the 18650 unregulated it stays at full power for 30 mins and then begins to diminish slowly?

That clears up a lot, thanks! (btw do you ship to the UK?)

wintermute

Enlightened
I think that Mike @ PTS just got two new customers, Spypro and Dinan (and probably me for that fact!)

Spypro and Dinan - make sure you setup an account with PTS so they can apply the discount before you buy the light.

Spypro

Enlightened
Yep ! I'll do that.
Before I want to see Mike's answers to my questions ;)

EDIT:
I have updated my questions list:
What is the runtime for the low and high mode ? (if there is two stages)

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Yep ! I'll do that.
Before I want to see Mike's answers to my questions ;)

EDIT:
I have updated my questions list:
What is the runtime for the low and high mode ? (if there is two stages)

I can answer some of your questions as i have a Defender II see here, and i am sure Mike will be along and correct them and add to them later.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/165790

You will only get your 2 stages of output from the Defender II or i think mike is about to release a weapons version which has a high/strobe output

If you are only running the 1 x 18650 then you are better off to buy the 3.7-6V LA (which is the LA that comes with the Defender II), as i understand it the 3.7-13V LA is not regulated with a single 18650.

Mike has already quoted runtimes for the LA, although he hasn't for the Defender II, i believe he isn't stocking it, runtime on high is the same at 110 minutes regulated with 30 mintues unregulated and low is quoted at 20 lumens for 50 hours. Never tried this myself.

Last edited:

Spypro

Enlightened
I would like to use RCR123A or rechargeable 18650.
Which one is the best ? Which one gives the best runtime on high mode ? And also runtime with 18650 ?
Do you have suggestions for the 18650 battery ? Those who will give the best runtime, highess mah ?

Thanks!

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are only running the 1 x 18650 then you are better off to buy the 3.7-6V LA (which is the LA that comes with the Defender II), as i understand it the 3.7-13V LA is not regulated with a single 18650.

I have the 3.7 - 13V myself because these lamps are not cheap and I want the versatility to be able to use it in my Sniper and Defender II, 3.7V 18650, as well as my 9V Raider 2x 18500, or my 9V Leefbody 2x 18650 lights. I have this lamp in my Sniper as I write this and have been using it for a couple of weeks now as my home light and have no issues with regulation.

KeeperSD

Enlightened

I have the 3.7 - 13V myself because these lamps are not cheap and I want the versatility to be able to use it in my Sniper and Defender II, 3.7V 18650, as well as my 9V Raider 2x 18500, or my 9V Leefbody 2x 18650 lights. I have this lamp in my Sniper as I write this and have been using it for a couple of weeks now as my home light and have no issues with regulation.

I stand corrected, must admit i was only going off what i had read, not personal experience. I do agree they offer a wider range of opportunities, but i wonder why there is the 3.7-6V and the 3.7-13V available if there is no benefit with the 3.7-6V.

Spypro, the run times quoted are with a 18650 which is the same as the WE LRB168. I thought i read somewhere that the 168 has a slightly higher capacity than the AW, but both of my cells are labelled with 2200mAh so i am not so sure........anyone???

Last edited:

Spypro

Enlightened
Which 18650 would be the best for the WE D2 ?
I want rechargeable + charger.
AW, LG, or other brands ?

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I have found that because the AW 18650 does not have protruding terminals it seems to have problems with activating high power in the Defender II, a magnet rectifies this but obviously isn't ideal. Not sure about the LG, but the WE works perfectly which since it is made by WE you would expect.

If you buy the Defender II then i believe the package comes with a rechargeable plus a charger included in the price. I have read that PTS will not be offering this light, so you might have to talk to Glen from www.quarterflash.com.au

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stand corrected, must admit i was only going off what i had read, not personal experience. I do agree they offer a wider range of opportunities, but i wonder why there is the 3.7-6V and the 3.7-13V available if there is no benefit with the 3.7-6V.

......Keeper, you are most likely correct, what I meant was that I cant see the light dimming over time.....maybe its my age.....I just dont place such a high importance on the issue of regulation.

Spypro

Enlightened
I have found that because the AW 18650 does not have protruding terminals it seems to have problems with activating high power in the Defender II, a magnet rectifies this but obviously isn't ideal. Not sure about the LG, but the WE works perfectly which since it is made by WE you would expect.

If you buy the Defender II then i believe the package comes with a rechargeable plus a charger included in the price. I have read that PTS will not be offering this light, so you might have to talk to Glen from www.quarterflash.com.au

Before buying the light I want to be sure that I can use 18650.
It is why I want advices about what is the best 18650 to feed my upcoming light ;)

Last edited: