• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 18650/ 18500 titanium / Aluminium extension tubes for Jetbeam TCR1 or compatible

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both-I´ll take whch ever comes first, thanks.

Ok I have already posted x 18500 extensions and 1 spare o ring. You will need to use the spare o ring that came with the torch if you want to make a 18650 by combining the 2.

I will send you a pm shortly with a suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Received my two 18500 tubes today, fast shipping! Had to clean a little in the threads-in the same place on both, but easy to fix (as a former goldsmith I still have a lot of my old tools around). I´ve found that the stock (red) o-rings must be used on the tubes, not on the switch end of the light. If the red o-ring is used there then the extender will compress it so hard (tried with both-same result) that it will be pressed out of the grove unevenly and the extender cannot be screwed to bottom. Also, the tube borring is too small to take any but my AW 2200 mAh batteries, all my other 18650 batteries (and I have a bunch) just cannot be inserted in the double combination-maybe it will be better in the single 18650 extender, we´ll see (one on the way).

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Pete.

The ID of tube is bored to 18.4mm - any bigger and the batteries might rattle. I tried several branded 18650 with the 18650 tube so should work. It is possible that when you piggy back to 18500 tubes it makes it difficult to use a 18650. I have tried the AW 18500 on the short extension and it is a lose fit.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my two 18500 tubes today, fast shipping! Had to clean a little in the threads-in the same place on both, but easy to fix (as a former goldsmith I still have a lot of my old tools around). I´ve found that the stock (red) o-rings must be used on the tubes, not on the switch end of the light. If the red o-ring is used there then the extender will compress it so hard (tried with both-same result) that it will be pressed out of the grove unevenly and the extender cannot be screwed to bottom. Also, the tube borring is too small to take any but my AW 2200 mAh batteries, all my other 18650 batteries (and I have a bunch) just cannot be inserted in the double combination-maybe it will be better in the single 18650 extender, we´ll see (one on the way).

Ok I have screwed x2 18500 tubes together. They we're left slightly lose to show that they were 2 tubes. Normally the gap is hardly noticeable. The bottom photo shows the battery completely inserted and a aW 18500 in comparison.

I have tried Eagletac 18650 3100 and also AW 3100 and the latest Panasonic 3400 - they all fit. With the Panasonic 3400 you will need a small button such as magnet as the positive terminal is flat and will not make contact on the head of the terminal due to mechanical reverse polarity protection.

c4b60718.jpg

1a3ee930.jpg

Sorry for the iphone photos but took a photo quickly before going to work.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
What I´ll try when I get home after work is to loosen between the extenders, fit a battery and then tighten them up. Maybe that will solve the problem as I noticed that the problem point is where the two extenders join one another.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I´ll try when I get home after work is to loosen between the extenders, fit a battery and then tighten them up. Maybe that will solve the problem as I noticed that the problem point is where the two extenders join one another.

Pete

Check that they are not cross threading and going in at a angle. My 2 tubes are straight and sit perfectly in line

Mohan

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Pete

Check that they are not cross threading and going in at a angle. My 2 tubes are straight and sit perfectly in line

Mohan
Cross threading square threads? Not in my lifetime. I´ve tried my sugesstion (post #53) and it works on most of my batteries. When I screw both extenders together there is a slight offset (approx. 0.10mm.) between the two tubes.

Latest posts