1xAA Round-up Review - Part IV - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, & more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hey Selfbuilt, ever considered reviewin the Jetbeam Jet-I Pro V3.0?
Yes, I may be reviewing this one eventually - a dealer is interested in sending it to me, but I don't have an ETA yet.

how are you coming along on the quarks:grin2:
Yeah, I know this round-up is a bit out of date (as are most of my others). Too many new lights coming in, no time to update the old round-ups. :rolleyes:

I plan to get back to these once things quiet down. It's probably about time for Part V soon ... :whistle:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Is there a roundup like this but for 18650 lights?
No, I've been meaning to start one of those as well. It will be limited though, since there are probably more lights in this class than anything else, and I only have a handful. We'll see what I can do when things quiet down .... in meantime, keep an eye out for my upcoming Eagletac T100C2 and T20C2 reviews, as they will have a lot of comparisons in them (lights are currently in testing).

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very interested how the new version 3 Jet 1 Pro w/IBS compares. I was just looking at it here and noticed it says driver efficiency is improved 30%, and it uses an R2 LED now.

Looks like a baby Jet-III-M and features a stainless steel bezel ring. Made to run on AA or 14500.

If you look at the link, you'll see it claims 240 lumens for 45 minutes on 14500. That's absolutely amazing!!

:popcorn:

Last edited:
I'm very interested how the new version 3 Jet 1 Pro w/IBS compares. I was just looking at it here and noticed it says driver efficiency is improved 30%, and it uses an R2 LED now.

Looks like a baby Jet-III-M and features a stainless steel bezel ring. Made to run on AA or 14500.

If you look at the link, you'll see it claims 240 lumens for 45 minutes on 14500. That's absolutely amazing!!

:popcorn:

+1

We need a review.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I may be reviewing this one eventually - a dealer is interested in sending it to me, but I don't have an ETA yet.

I just received mine today and I am very impressed. (Jetbeam-I Pro V3.0)

This is my first Jetbeam and I can honestly say I can't wait to buy another. This light appears as bright as any light I have. It is even brighter than my Milky Creemator on one 4.2V Li-ion. I may have to send that light in for a emitter upgrade. The Jetbeam has a Nice spot for good throw and I really like the IBS circuit. 3 user setable modes is fantastic. It will probably replace my NDI as my pocket light. Bugoutgear shipped fast. Can't wait to order the III M or the RRT-2.

I can't wait to read your review on this one Eric. Hopefully you will receive it soon. I think it may be time for Part V. :D lol

Bill

Last edited:

Strmtrper6

Newly Enlightened
Even with (or maybe because of) all this great information , I still can't pick an EDC to purchase. Thanks for the posts.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with (or maybe because of) all this great information , I still can't pick an EDC to purchase. Thanks for the posts.

Welcome to CPF Strmtrper6. It can be confusing. Lets not steal this thread but, for your first starting thread you may want to tell members what your needs and likes are, and let them help you choose. It seems to be a favorite activitly here that members enjoy. Helping the new and some seasoned members pick new lights based on their activities or special needs is part of the fun of CPF.

Good luck.

Bill

Last edited:

__philippe

Enlightened
I just received mine today and I am very impressed. (Jetbeam-I Pro V3.0)
I can't wait to read your review on this one Eric. Hopefully you will receive it soon. I think it may be time for Part V. :D lol

Bill

Request seconded.

I eagerly anticipate reading Selbuilt's forthcoming Jetbeam-I Pro V3.0 review :whistle:

Cheers,

__philippe

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I know I'm a little late to this party...

I tried a few AA lights looking to bump my P2D Q5 from EDC. Regal EDC is a bit too big and wonky to use. Jtebeam MK IIX has noticable PWM in anything but high mode. ConneXion is almost there. As L1D Q5 I'm just not happy with the output.

I am fairly certain a Quark AA could be the light. On Li Ion it will get brighter and dimmer than my P2D.

THANK YOU for all the work!!!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I know I'm a little late to this party...
Sorry this thread is rather out of date now - a lot of these lights are no longer around.

Haven't had time to revamp the round-ups reviews (just too many new lights to write up). But if you check out some of my recent 1xAA reviews (e.g. Fenix LD10 R4, upcoming Zebralight SC50, etc), you will at least see some newer sets of output/runtime tables and graphs. :wave:

Latest posts