2-4 Lumen?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good, old SureFire A2 with green-yellow LEDs and about 3 lumens in total. Perfect for moving in dark houses without notifying the neighbours, uhm, never mind... :whistle:

+1 My A2-YG is what I've been using for quite some time now for middle of the night walks through the house. It's output is about perfect to me.

Since price wasn't mentioned, a T1A Titan would fit the bill nicely. It would give him exactly however much light he wants/needs every time. :twothumbs

Ian2381

Enlightened
+1 for the 4sevens MiNi AA, It always starts at low so it readily serves your purpose, with additional high modes for occasional uses.:grin2:

paulr

Flashaholic
For a slightly offbeat suggestion, try the Zebralight H50 or H501 (sold as a headlamp but you can use it as a handheld light by not installing it in the headstrap). It's also a multi-level light, for what that's worth. The nice thing about it for this purpose is its wide flood beam, so the light level at any spot in the beam will be quite low.

Alternatively, go for a Peak Matterhorn or Kilimanjaro with a red led. Red light is the easiest on the eyes when finding your way around in the dark and you don't need to make out fine detail.

ragweed

Enlightened
The inexpensive Dorcy AAA twisty with momentary on/off tail button puts out around 5 lumens. Been using it at night in the house & is perfect. About 7 bucks. The Fenix E01 I have is blinding powerful in the house at night.!! I know as I used it tonight.

jungatheart

Newly Enlightened
I use the Streamlight Nano on a neck lanyard. Turn it on and let it sit on my chest. Works perfect and both hands free.

ragweed

Enlightened
He must be skinny. Any light on a neck lanyard would only shine on my beer gut..hehheh.