2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Lights

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
Obligitory plea for beamshots...

Will work on these tonight....here is a shot with the new fogs installed...no more yellow vinyl...

i-btmcC85-L.jpg

i-hMH723c-L.jpg

i-8XZwKKd-L.jpg

guardpost3

Enlightened
Nice Grand! Let us know how those work out. I might have to try putting a set in my WJ, I think the fog light holes are the same as the ones on your WK.

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
Here are some night shots....

Low Beam

i-rZHjmNM-L.jpg

Low Beam + Fogs

i-GNKJNGk-L.jpg

Low Beam + High Beam + Cibie H1

i-2nvD3mB-L.jpg

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Fogs look as if they're aimed way too high, unless the nose of the car is pointed up due to a hill in the road. Those Cibie H1s are a very old design but an extremely good one.

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
Fogs look as if they're aimed way too high, unless the nose of the car is pointed up due to a hill in the road. Those Cibie H1s are a very old design but an extremely good one.

Fogs have not been adjusted....The front of the nose is not pointed up due to a hill. I will adjust them down.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fogs look as if they're aimed way too high, unless the nose of the car is pointed up due to a hill in the road.
Looked that way to me. I was feeling sorry for the oncoming traffic.

Fogs have not been adjusted....The front of the nose is not pointed up due to a hill. I will adjust them down.
Please, and THANK YOU! :)

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
So guys I took my first road trip with the new Philips HIR bulbs and wow do they put out some light......I need to fine tune the adjustment on the level. With the Jeep loaded they are pointing up.

Scott

Last edited:

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
Had Hilldweller check out my setup over the weekend...I think it passed the Hilldweller test.:twothumbs

The HIR bulbs are winners....

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Had Hilldweller check out my setup over the weekend...I think it passed the Hilldweller test.:twothumbs

The HIR bulbs are winners....
Holy moly, they did.
More than double the LUX numbers at my markers that I've gotten from the best JK lights (the 90mm Hella projectors with H9 bulbs, harnessed & relayed).

You did a really really nice job on that Jeep, Scott. And I don't think you should go around telling people how little $$$ you have tied up in it ---- a man can only stand so much in their face.

For the record, that pair of HIR bulbs in those reflectors with that SMS harness, UNBELIEVABLE.

And the little Cibie kit he cobbled together --- sublime and elegant. They manage to fill in a couple of areas that the headlights don't cover. They'd be better appreciated on a rig with worse lighting though. The headlights are so good that they are somewhat dwarfed.

It was really fun camping with you and Susan. See you in January? Maybe Thanksgiving?

scootr29

Newly Enlightened
Holy moly, they did.
More than double the LUX numbers at my markers that I've gotten from the best JK lights (the 90mm Hella projectors with H9 bulbs, harnessed & relayed).

You did a really really nice job on that Jeep, Scott. And I don't think you should go around telling people how little $$$ you have tied up in it ---- a man can only stand so much in their face.

For the record, that pair of HIR bulbs in those reflectors with that SMS harness, UNBELIEVABLE.

And the little Cibie kit he cobbled together --- sublime and elegant. They manage to fill in a couple of areas that the headlights don't cover. They'd be better appreciated on a rig with worse lighting though. The headlights are so good that they are somewhat dwarfed.

It was really fun camping with you and Susan. See you in January? Maybe Thanksgiving?

Hey Bill noted on the $$$,,,,sometimes I have a hard time not being honest when someone asks me a direct question. But then again a deal is a deal.

It is funny because I was thinking on the way home about maybe removing the Cibies. I was really surprised how little they did when we tested them the other night in total darkness. They might be better used on a future project.

Thanks for the invite and we will be back...Susan enjoyed getting to know Mirtes. We will be there for the CFW....and maybe something before the end of the year.