• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

2015 Acebeam K60 CREE XHP70 LED 5000lm 700M throw Flashlight is releasing

ven

Flashaholic
Cheers:) i am awaiting a certain mr hall to bite yet:poke:
:laughing: the strobe is very effective...........:whistle:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

ven - Any chance you have a similar pic as this but with the TK75 and K60?

Some say the K60 steps down at 2 minutes, some say 3 minutes, and I've also read 5 minutes. Does anyone know the definitive answer?

ven

Flashaholic
Welcome, you looking at a k60? If so it really is a nice light, the de-dome(shaved dome) off vinh really gives it some punch(around 200kcd). Also options of 5000k xhp70 as well............

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The scratch to buy a K60 has been itching me lately.

Tried the TM16GT and the K70. Both great lights, but I still prefer my TK75 2015 to either of those.

The K60 looks to have a similar beam profile as the TK75 2015, but with a little more punch. But the K60's runtime may be
the deciding factor on how much I like it. On turbo, the TK75 has such beautifully regulated runtime that it has me spoiled!

Still a few hours left to get the order into Amazon and have it in my hands on Monday.

TM16GT_zpsshpaqw5e.jpg

TK75202015_zpsxkfo8o3g.jpg

K60_zpsiujb9hmf.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
I cant speak on the standard version, the k60vn is one of the nicest beams i have had(if not the nicest) . By that i mean a nice big hot spot, bright spill with no petals(no biggie either way tbh, but multi reflector lights do have them). Having had the k70, the UI is the same(more discrete control ring)and the size/form the same other than slightly different fin design and minor bits. It does get quite warm at a measured 4500 OTF lumens, but it is a firm fav of mine. Being shaved dome, it looses around 500k, but even for a cool beam its a nice one! It reminds me a little of a tk75 , but a perfect (if there is such a thing, completely subjective of course) beam version if makes sense.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate the thoughts and feedback.

I'm ok with the heat, provided it doesn't get too hot to hold during extended runtimes (outdoors).

The biggest kicker may be the runtime. We tend to use the big lights for 10-15 minutes at a time on turbo.

ven

Flashaholic
I am sure it's similar to the tk75 set up with a 2s2p carrier. Should be similar in run time, it puts out more lumen, however I would have thought driving a single xhp70 would be more mah frugal than 4 xm-l2's.......could be wrong!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received the K60 on Tuesday and so far I like everything about it except the QC on the magnetic ring.

The first 4 positions are very difficult to turn. Sounds like they are scraping or grinding.

The last 3 positions are very smooth and easy to turn. Like finely greased ball bearings.

It hasn't gotten any better, if anything a little worse.

Anyone else experience this?

I'll be returning or exchanging it if nothing changes in the next week or so.

ven

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear, very frustrating !! Mine does not suffer what you describe , smooth to turn with feel for mode. Smooth with a little less resistance than the k70vn.

Glad you like the actual light though! I do prefer the beam over multi LED lights .

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll probably smooth out with some use.

Never thought I'd find a light able to de-throne my beloved cherry picked TK75 2015...but this one might!!!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ended up having Amazon send me a new K60. I'll return the first one sometime next week.

There are some interesting differences between the two K60's. These are my observations and thoughts after looking closely at and using both side by side.

- The first K60 has a very noticeable dark spot in the center of the hotspot. It is clearly visible both indoors and outdoors, even at long distances against tree lines or buildings.
I assumed this was to be expected because of the quad die XHP70. But the new K60 does not have any dark spot in the hotspot. Not on a wall, not outside, none.

- The hotspot on the first K60 is surrounded by a square-ish corona that is slightly yellow.
Again, I assumed because of the XHP70. But the new K60 has a perfectly circular corona, and it's white.

- Between the two K60's, there's a considerable difference in the nylon ring that is between the LED and the reflector.
The ring on the new K60 has a wider outer step and a steeper approach to the LED on the second step. This change is (imo) the reason for the improved beam and corona on the new K60.

- After running on high for a few minutes and being turned off, the LED on the old K60 will glow faintly for a minute or more.
The LED on the new K60 does not glow for more than a few seconds after being turned off.

- The magnetic control ring on the old K60 was gritty on the first 4 settings and smooth as ball bearings on the last 3 settings.
The new K60 is smooth and consistent through all settings, and overall the stops are much more positive and definite.

- The markings and lettering on the new K60 are whiter, brighter, and much more crisp in their application.
Nothing was wrong with the old, but the new just looks better to me.

- The new K60 is enough brighter that it's noticeable. I'm guessing the new K60 appears and meters brighter because it's without the dark spot in the hotspot.
The new K60 is 18% brighter on Level 5.
The new K60 is 7% brighter on Level 6.
Tested it twice, and after swapping batteries in the lights the results were identical using Evva 3500mAh NCR18650GA protected cells (10A with 3 MOSFET).

The pic below is the old K60.
Old%20K60_zpsk9wrmxpl.jpg

The pic below is the new K60.
New%20K60_zpsnylgbsgt.jpg

The new K60 is on the left in the pic below.
K60%20Lettering%201_zpsfujayxpt.jpg

The new K60 is on the right in the pic below.
K60%20Lettering%202_zps96c0dd4d.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Great feedback and thanks for sharing. The first defo sounds like a lemon! Mine produces what I would say is an outstanding beam! Pretty much perfect for a do it all kind of S&R type light. Far throwing with a large hot spot and bright spill, which is perfectly round compared to multi LED lights.

Sounds like you you have a good k60 now....or at least how it should be. Hope you enjoy it :D

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Has anyone seen the new colors yet? I would buy one in OD green if I could find one.
Billy