2021-share your outings

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!
Yes, teens, snow, and 40+ mph winds are exactly what we were hoping for.
We both love that stuff, and are talking and laughing the whole time in conditions most people would find miserable.
I met him and his wife on a hike in pouring rain 8yrs ago, and our first hike together was that winter-an overnighter to check out frozen waterfalls when the forecast was for 2F. When he found out I was going, he asked if I wanted company, and drove 5hrs to meet me.
Yeah, we're kinda..."special". Our friendship is, anyway.

This time, he started us out with a very steep, almost 3k' climb straight from the TH to make up for the lack of "bad" weather😏

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark made a video from our trip, which we cut a bit short due his dog having a recent leg injury that was clearly bothering her again.
Par for the course, he caught me at the top of my bodyweight yoyo(seems like I always put on about 12lbs of fat before we hike together!), and has a habit of recording behind my back whenever I start talking.
As a result, after every hike we do together, I'm left wondering if I really talk THAT much when I'm with him, and how I got so fat. I always and immediately set about losing 10-15lbs(it's a great motivator!), and find myself looking around for a camera before opening my mouth🤣