.22 plinker pistol suggestions

DaveT

Enlightened
Not2bright: Sigh, you're mentioning my next two top wish-listers...slowly but surely, I'm trying to get there, too. Seems like a wonderful "happy family" of choices.
Dave

not2bright

Enlightened
DaveT said:
Not2bright: Sigh, you're mentioning my next two top wish-listers...slowly but surely, I'm trying to get there, too. Seems like a wonderful "happy family" of choices.
Dave

DaveT, are you talking about Glock and Kimber? I have a Kimber Stainless Gold Match II .45 that is an excellent shooter. And recently I picked up a Glock 19 and 26. The Glocks while not great to look at, are an exceptional gun all things considered. I cannot imagine a semi-auto gun that is easier or faster to takedown. In addition they shoot very accurate and are built for a high volume of rounds to be put through them. The 26 is a "baby" Glock and is quite small compared to most 9mm semi-autos. Therefore I still can't shoot it as accurately as the slightly larger 19.

Neither Glock is as accurate in my hands as the Kimber, Ruger MKII, or my Ruger Super Blackhawk .44. But they are a far better than the Ruger KP-89 I have/am going to sell. At least the Glock 19 has a TAC rail for easy mounting a light, laser, or both. :grin2:

My Ruger was the first handgun I purchased, and my wife didn't know why we needed a pistol. I took her to the range with it and she now enjoys punching holes in paper. I now enjoy purchasing firearms without "hearing" about it. :smile:

You made a good choice with the MKII, with care it will provide you and yours a lifetime of enjoyment.

Last edited: