26650 Batteries for the Big Bruiser?

380long

Newly Enlightened
dudemar, I ordered 2 and they are on the way from Hong Kong. Do you think it would be ok to charge these on the 4sevens single bay charger?

380long

Newly Enlightened
Well my Keygos arrived from Hong Kong (surprised me on how quick they arrived!) and I am sad to say that these will not power the Big Bruiser! They must have lied about the specs (discharge rate) on the batteries...my light will come on for about 2 seconds and then it goes off. So now I have this awsome "LOOKING" flashlight and cannot buy a battery to power it! Any suggestions?

cvo

Newly Enlightened
The ones Lighthound has in stock are rated @ 20 amp discharge.

380long

Newly Enlightened
The Lighthound batteries are 26500? I am new to this...what is the difference between 26500 and 26650 batteries?

Norm

Retired Administrator
26500 = 26mm diameter X 50mm Length the last 0 tells you it's a round cell.

26650 = 26mm diameter X 65mm Length the last 0 tells you it's a round cell.

Norm

Last edited:

texas cop

Enlightened
This one might be promising, while I have no personnal experience with this one its been reviewed on budgetlights. If its performance is as it appears at this price its the successor MNKE. KINGKONG 26650 4000MAH LI-ION BATTERY

Sales Link Removed, replaced with description - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

380long

Newly Enlightened
Well since the Keygos were a Nogos I figured I would try the King Kongs...at this point I have no other choices really if I want to use the Big Bruiser.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear the Keygos were a Nogos. :( I heard the King Kong cells are promising and they work pretty well. It might not hurt to give it a try!

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you use the Lighthound 26500 you will be 1.5cm short. You will need to use a spacer. Due to the design of the BB this maybe not ideal as there may be a rattle when the switch is twisted out for momentary or off position.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect these could be old stock, used, or reject MNKE cells and that the capacity is way overstated.

I also bought some MNKE samples from Hong Kong that appeared used (listed as new), and they only did 2000mAh @ 10A. Real new cells do 4000mAh @ 10A.

Well my Keygos arrived from Hong Kong (surprised me on how quick they arrived!) and I am sad to say that these will not power the Big Bruiser! They must have lied about the specs (discharge rate) on the batteries...my light will come on for about 2 seconds and then it goes off. So now I have this awsome "LOOKING" flashlight and cannot buy a battery to power it! Any suggestions?

Can't say I didn't warn you. You could try some of the "INR" 26650's. I have no idea how those do, but the IMR 4000mAh cells are not being made anymore.

BVH

Flashaholic
Does Wayne have a specific recommendation since he built the light?

The linked cells look to be the replacement for the discontinued 4000 AH, which were fantastic cells.

380long

Newly Enlightened
alpg88, thanks for the link and they must be new as I called batteryspace over a week ago and they made no mention of these and they were not on their web site! I ordered 2 and I also ordered 2 king kong 26650 batteries, so hopefully one of these 2 manufactureers batteries will work in the Big Bruiser. BVH, the batteries that Wayne originally recommended are no longer being manufactured and I think that company may have gone out of business.

380long

Newly Enlightened
I had purchased 2 Keygos 26650 batteries and after the first one did not power the Big Bruiser properly I never tried the second one. Well tonight I tried the second one and much to my surprise the Big Bruiser now not only looks good but throws one heck of a lot of light! Don't know why one works and the other one does not, they both show the same 4.19v after being charged???

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact issue or probably a bad cell. I would say get an exchange or refund, but it's a hassle returning an item to a company located in China.

Last edited:

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Electrolumens Big Bruiser and would like to purchase 26650 batteries before it arrives. There do not seem to be a lot of options which has me a little concerned and I am new to high end flashlights. Does anyone have any suggestions? How about the High Power LiNiCoMn 26650 3.6V 3600maH from batteryspace.com? This is my first post...so thanks in advance for any advice you can lend!
To answer your question (hope it's okay to do so, as this question is directed at 'anyone'), Elektro Lumens will have 26700A Moli LiMn02 2900mAh, 13C 40A discharge rated batteries available to be purchased in about 1 week or so. These batteries measure 26.4mm x 70.00mm, will fit perfectly in Big Bruiser, and power it easily. Wayne

wrx11

Newly Enlightened
26500 = 26mm diameter X 50mm Length the last 0 tells you it's a round cell.

26550 = 26mm diameter X 65mm Length the last 0 tells you it's a round cell.

Norm

Norm,

Just to confirm, you mean to write 26650 not 26550, correct?

I am in the same situation looking for protected and high capacity 26650 batteries to power my 2X26650 unit. Althought it came with the 18650 sleeve, I jsut want to test and see what 26650 power would translate into noticeable lumens.

Anyone bought and tested any.

Thanks.