• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27L-T +PD= TTIWWBS

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Wow... thanks WP - now remind me: why did I buy a U2 again? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong here.....the U2 is a fantastic light and has features that the 27LT doesn't have such as momentary capability and 6 levels of light. The U2 can be very useful close up (as well as medium range), whereas the 27LT's hotspot (on low) can sometimes be "too hot" for really closeup applications.

That's why we all need to get BOTH.....

WP

Kiessling

Flashaholic
To put things into perspective ... while the 27LT puts out a lot of light (2 of them measured 68lm in Gransee's test), the average U2 is still brighter and has a broader and softer beam while the 27LT has more throw.
Same class of light, still some difference there. BOTH is the best answer to all the questions. Can't get wrong with either one though :D
bernie

McLux27LTvsU2.jpg

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
:popcorn: COMING SOON TO A THREAD NEAR YOU!

<start the old Spiderman cartoon theme song>

THE 27LT versus....well...everyone!

FEATURING BEAMSHOT COMPARISONS WITH THESE LIGHTS
mycollection5om.jpg

In order of appearance: The Surefire M6-HOLA (unfair, I know, but just for fun), The C3/KT1/SW02/WX0S SFTH Tower Module (also unfair, but you'd be surprised), McGizmo's 5W XX1T HD45 (ok...unfairness seems to be the theme here), The Surefire U2 Ultra, McGizmo's 27LT (UX1K), McGizmo's Aleph 3/6P Proto, The HDS U60 XRGT, McGizmo's McLux III-PD (TY0J) and the little tiny ORB RAW NS.

What will become of the 27LT?

Stay tuned..... and find out!

<end the old Spiderman cartoon theme song>

:thumbsup: WP

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
WP,

I don't know what kind of camera and lighting setup you have, but your pics are some of the best I have seen in terms of clarity and definition. Excellent!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigHonu said:
WP,

I don't know what kind of camera and lighting setup you have, but your pics are some of the best I have seen in terms of clarity and definition. Excellent!
BigHonu,

Man! Those are some lights to drool over and they are great pics for sure. :goodjob:
But I also think your also a "flashoholic" like me! ;)

Ken

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster said:
BigHonu,

Man! Those are some lights to drool over and they are great pics for sure. :goodjob:
But I also think your also a "flashoholic" like me! ;)

Ken

Content matter does add to the appeal! :)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
So ... where's your thread, WP? :poke:
I wanna see those pics ... :D :D
Nice lights and nice shot!
And this C3 set-up is just a sexy beauty ...
bernie

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
So ... where's your thread, WP? :poke:
I wanna see those pics ... :D :D
Nice lights and nice shot!
And this C3 set-up is just a sexy beauty ...
bernie

Hey Bernie, regarding the C3 setup, I have you to thank for that..... :bow:

Well, I will be completing my thread soon. I have all the indoor beamshots completed.....I wanted to add some outdoor shots as well, but it has been raining here for the past couple of nights :( . I will probably add outdoor beamshots sometime later. Right now, I'm busy doing a bit of the writeup and will post tomorrow.

BigHonu: thanks for your comments on my pics. The big trick with my pics is to soften the lighting using bounce flash, i.e. I aim my flash towards the ceiling (and angled to the right). This is an excellent way to really diffuse the light so that there are no harsh shadows. This gives this pic (or any other pic for that matter) a nice clean low contrast look to it with buttery smooth shadows.

:thumbsup: WP

Last edited: