• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2C Mag Tail Cap mod and Cut-down service for AW's "C" cells

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Mirage_Man

Hi I think my previous PM was sent at a time when the CPF messenging wasn't working properly and I never got a response. No big deal I wasn't in any hurry. I've just resent the PM again if you could check your in box when you get a chance.

Thanks.

3rdrock

Enlightened
I just ordered a purple 2 C and will need it cut down to obtain the shortest 1c possible for the AW C also.I will send it all the way from Orlando :grin2:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mirage_Man

Hi I think my previous PM was sent at a time when the CPF messenging wasn't working properly and I never got a response. No big deal I wasn't in any hurry. I've just resent the PM again if you could check your in box when you get a chance.

Thanks.

PM responded.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a purple 2 C and will need it cut down to obtain the shortest 1c possible for the AW C also.I will send it all the way from Orlando :grin2:

Too bad I didn't know that. The wife was at blizzard beach today. :laughing:

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wish list:

New Mag 2C with modded tail cap. Pewter preferred $3o
2C > 1 x "C" $45
Mod the tail cap on the 1 x C also $12
International Shipping

(I will swap the modded 1C tailcap on a 2C I allready have for another 2C Lion light)

I will send PM

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I PM'd Mirage Man about this , maybe someone else has some experience.

Loooking at the 2C Lion tailcap mod , it seems this would also allow 3 x sub c nimh to fit.

I measure the inside of the "cup" the C spring sits in seems to be near enough to 23mm.
I've been measuring my sub C cells and they're about 22.3 - 22.6mm....
With the approx 25mm deep tailcap , that seems to leave about plenty of length for 3 sub Cs.
Usually 2 x C cells @ 50mm , spring is 25mm , (compresses to approx 15mm I guess) + 25mm tailcap depth = 140mm.
3 x sub c @ 43mm = 129. 11mm for a spring (cut c spring)

Not a problem if the insulation on the cell gets torn inside the tight fit tailcap - might help with lower resistance!

Sub cs available well over 4000maH so 90 minute run time direct P7 in a 2C was my thought.

Evil Twin

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the quick PM response!

:paypal:

For:

1x Black 2C with a modded tail cap for 2 AW "C" cells $30
1x Black 1C $45
Finned head $25
Grooved body $25
Shipping for both lights via Priority Mail w/DC and insurance. $11

Total with ins. $136

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Just received my 1c yesterday. What beautiful workmanship. Thanks Mirage_Man. Now I have Mag C's in 1, 2, 3, & 4 cell configurations. Now I gotta get my hands on 5 & 6 cell lights...and then I can dream about ever having a 7c.

James35

Newly Enlightened
I received my order today as well. Perfect machine work. Not a stray scratch anywhere, and the finned and grooved edges are not sharp so they are comfortable in the hand as well. New threads are clean as a whistle! I am more than thrilled! Thanks Brian!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these services still available?

Very expensive service now and you don't need it. Just cut your spring or if you use 18650's they fit inside the tailcap, just remove the inner diameter paint and cut spring short to fit inside tailcap.

bigC

TDJ

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega,

Thanks. Your wide/deep M*g C Tail cap is truly exquisite. Even though I new to this Mod Art I sincerely admire your work They are very stylish and well made.
I would like to make a 1xC shorty with all knurled and tail cap switch that's why I was looking for some one to cut down and thread both external for the head and internal for the tail cap.
Any help or advise.

TDJ

Newly Enlightened
Very expensive service now and you don't need it. Just cut your spring or if you use 18650's they fit inside the tailcap, just remove the inner diameter paint and cut spring short to fit inside tailcap.

bigC

Thanks for the advice