• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 2x18350 & 2x18500 FM1794

StudFreeman

Enlightened
Paypal sent for the following:

#05 Grey 2x18350 FM1794 (with tailcap - $57) (AVAILABLE)
#06 Grey 2x18350 FM1794 (with tailcap - $57) (AVAILABLE)
+ 2x FM1794 ($10 each)
+ 2x extra replacement red switch seal ($1 each)
+ shipping ($6)

Total: $144

Thanks

Last edited:

StudFreeman

Enlightened
Received tonight. These are really impressive. Build quality is top-notch-- just a really solid-feeling light. Also, smaller than I thought it was going to be. Anodizing and finish feel excellent. A specific detail I really appreciate is how the tailcap edges are nicely chamfered and filleted; this makes sense given how much time your fingers spend on the tailcap, but it's a detail I haven't seen elsewhere. The O-rings are nice and beefy and came well-lubed. I like the ingenuity of how the reflector is threaded into the head but also into the body. It lends the head a stable, solid feel if focus adjustments were needed for different bulb types.

I used 2x Efest 700 mAh 18350 with the FM1794 bulb. WoW! These are put out a ton of great quality light. I even brought the cells down to 4.05V before using them, and the color temperature is really nice.

Since it's an incand, it seems like >80% of the light is in one giant hotspot, making it seem perceptibly brighter than it really is. Shame we can't get any more of this type of light once they're gone.

Cheers FM!

Latest posts