3D Maglite module to 3AA

cpflogin

Newly Enlightened
What would be the best way of going about modding an old style 3AA minimag to install a rebel 90 3D module?

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Open up the opening at the head end of the body just enough for the smaller part of the module to slide through then drop the module in from the battery opening and see if it lights. The 3D module is longer than a MM sandwich so you'll have to figure out how to get the reflector in there. Also, you'll need to get a tail cap switch as there will be no way to turn it off once the tail cap is installed.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a 1xAA modded Minimag that was modified to work with the old Luxeon Led Maglite upgrade. Like PCC said the minimag bulb holder is removed and the opening is widened - a step-drill works great.
It ran on a 14500 and the reflector was Metal, made for it and the head twist on-off was preserved. I think there was a spring around the base of the LED module keeping it from sliding out. Might have been a Chop build I don't know as I got it second hand.
With the right combination of insulating tubes and springs you could get a 14670 to work in a 2xAA

Latest posts