4-1/2" C-Flex Flame Thrower!!!

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the large headed one. Man that could be my first complete aluminum light. Are you going to build them complete like that and if so do you have a price estimate?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't quite have the price yet but I did make about 25 heads. My favorite lights are bare aluminum since they are very easy to take care of and you don't worry as much if you drop it. :)

These use the new Luxeon 220 Lumen K2's with TFFC. BIN UWOE. I have some extras emitters I am selling in the market place.. If you are interested in picking up some extra K2's you can pick them up HERE!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris, which reflector gives best focusing, McR20 or McR20J? :thinking:
Just picked up some K2's in your sales thread but forgot to include my cpf handle. :ohgeez:
:poke: How about posting a picture of the internals... :aaa:

:wave:

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

We're still working on this. I have a head built for a buyer now and can keep building them as ordered. The one built is driving the LEDs at about 1amp each as in the photos in this thread. I will build the next one using a modified Tri-FLuPIC to drive the LEDs up to perhaps 1.75amps per LED, and that's quite the output! The problem is it costs me about $60 more to build this way (and takes longer) and I have to pass that on. Using the 1amp board the bare tri K2 head runs $300.

litetube, I have an email into Chris to see if that MC-E proto head, or another one may be available. Thanks for your patience. I'll let you know.

Gary123

Enlightened
But with that large head, couldn't you make it so that it could hold a single MC-E or P7 with a nice reflectored beam, would put out more 600 than lumens, would be easier and less expensive to build and so would cost less?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
But with that large head, couldn't you make it so that it could hold a single MC-E or P7 with a nice reflectored beam, would put out more 600 than lumens, would be easier and less expensive to build and so would cost less?

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay posting, but I wanted to post the price on the MC-E head at the same time, but I still don't have that anwer.

Yes there are cost savings going with a single multi die (dice?) emitter. However you wouldn't get the same throw or quality of beam in a head the same size as you would with the three K2s. It takes a really large reflector to focus those large LEDs for throw. The K2 TFFCs can be driven so much harder you can achieve similar or greater output as well. Basically the MC-E and P7 would win on efficiency and cost in the same head, but would lose with the other factors IMO.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this dead? How much for the 27mm MCE c flex shown?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. The C-Flex 27mm MC-E would run between $200 and $225 for a bare aluminum head, depending on what goes in it. The C-Flex body/tail would be extra.