WHOA!!!! hold those horses - the above were with the 4Sevens CR123A

Using an Energizer CR123A I have gotten very different readings -

Quark 123 (clipped) = 1.90A
Quark 123 (clipless) = 1.87A
Fenix PD20 = 2.02A

Last edited:

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
I have seen in several places reports that the Quarks run better with 4 Sevens batteries than with other brands.

What kind of sneaky technology is that which allows the batteries to know when they are in a like branded product and then step up their output accordingly?

Tongue in cheek of course, but strange all the same to me!

Biginboca

Newly Enlightened
Oops, I meant that I have seen in several places reports that the 4 Sevens batteries run better with quarks than these batteries do with other brands.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
My $.02...received a Quark 123 today - mailed to me on Thursday - arrived today (although they tried to deliver Saturday). I'm impressed with the packaging and the included accessories. I bought the light on an impulse - already own a Novatac 120E, Wolf Eyes Angel C and a Fenix L1D - but I like these small EDC lights and have been impressed with the reviews.
I'm pleased with the light! It is a bright but very warm light (especially compared to the NT) and is much brighter to the eye than the Fenix or Wolf Eyes (as it appears on my office wall).
I like the interface of the Novatac better - but for the money the Quark is great, and appears to have more overall programming options. Wish I'd have gotten in on one of the titanium models...

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 4Sevens Quark 123T Comparison Review

Okay - update. Took the Quark light out this morning for the 'dog walk in darkness.' I got the neutral white version. It is an amazing little light - smaller in form than the Novatac 120E - very comfortable to hold. I bought the flat tail switch but ended up liking the raised original switch.

The light is warm - almost seems amber compared to my SF LX2 and the Novatac, but it is a very pleasing light and has amazing throw on high. Although the LX2 outthrows it, considering you could buy almost 4 of the little Quarks for the price of the LX2, it's an amazing value and it really holds its own. I think I'm going to have to look into the other Quark lights.

My LX2 is still my favorite, but I am VERY impressed with this little Quark light. Great job, 4sevens! :twothumbs

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the neutral white version. It is an amazing little light -
I am VERY impressed with this little Quark light. Great job, 4sevens! :twothumbs

Glad you liked this little light.

Funny, when you first posted I wondered whether you'd seen the neutral white version....

Anyway both these reviews may be relevant - since the heads of the Quark 123, AA2 and AA are the same and interchangeable - so you need only get the spare bodies to have the other configurations -

Neutral White 4Sevens Quark AA Comparison Review

Neutral White (Warm Tinted) - Quark AA2 Neutral White Comparison Review

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the interface of the Novatac better -

I may have changed my mind about the interface. Once I took the time to learn it and begin programming it, I find that it has great flexibility and is fairly simple. I set mine up with level one brightness being just one step above "moonlight", then level 2 is set up as wide open. When I turn the light on, it is great for moving around the house at night without disturbing anyone - if I need bright light a slight twist gives me full blast. this little light is growing on me every day and I'm thinking it may replace my NT as EDC. Heck, it's in my pocket right now!

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i have had mine for over a month now and it gets clipped to my pocket before my wallet gets picked up, i have a fenix P1D but the twisting and the weird UI were blown away by the quark123, i have carried it and used it daily since i bought it, just replaced the first battery last week, AWESOME light, i can't wait to get my titanium 123x2

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you liked this little light

Anyway both these reviews may be relevant - since the heads of the Quark 123, AA2 and AA are the same and interchangeable - so you need only get the spare bodies to have the other configurations -

Neutral White 4Sevens Quark AA Comparison Review

Neutral White (Warm Tinted) - Quark AA2 Neutral White Comparison Review
Drat. the one I want is the 123 - 2 and according the 4Sevens site I can't mix it - can't handle two 123s of any variety. That's okay - I need to wait a while. I've been buying lights like a man possessed lately!!

Ooooo - flashlights.....

:crazy:

patriotgeek

Newly Enlightened
I carry the Quark 123in my pocket, the Quark 123 Tactical in the belt sheath and the Quark Mini.
I lost the Mini to my wife's keychain and had to get another...
The new Mini now rides on a chain with my neck knife.
Great Flashlights!

rcyo88

Newly Enlightened
nice little light. i'm familiar more with the fenix PD20 and i don't know too much about the 4seven. thanks for the review. i didn't know the hotspot can be so defined.