4Sevens Quark RGB Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can also buy a separate cool white RGB head.:)

I started with that, then added the 18650 tube/end cap then added the "Turbo" head.

Now I can exit the house truly "Quarked up" with the floody (2 cr123) RGB riding on my belt next to the Turbo TF head (18650) for throw!

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think one thing that is really neat about this light is that you can get it in Cool White or Neutral White, that is a big plus to me, nice having that option.

I would prefer THIS arrangement for the 4 different Die colors .....

1. - Cool White
2. - Neutral White
3. - Red
4. - UV

(do away with blue and green)

I need the UV for checking the strips in currency

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would prefer THIS arrangement for the 4 different Die colors .....

1. - Cool White
2. - Neutral White
3. - Red
4. - UV

(do away with blue and green)

I need the UV for checking the strips in currency

I would definately be interested in this color combo as well.This combination would make for a very usefull flood light.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Great work. You've been pumping out the reviews lately. The Cree RGB MC-E emitter is really distinctive ~:twothumbs
Actually, I have been doing of lot of reviews lately - but this isn't of them. It is actually almost 2 years old now, recently bumped. :sssh:

AFAIK, the 4Sevens RGB isn't in production in any more (in fact, I don't know if Cree even still makes the emitter). It was an interesting item for that class of emitter, but the the newer XM-Ls pretty much dominate the Cree high output line now.

:wave:

bkumanski

Enlightened
Interesting this was bumped. I actually wanted to take a closer look at our new LED police light bars. They appear to use an emitter similar (with no green or it's turned off). Take downs are white, and they use red and blue, all programmable by the computerized controller. I was wondering if they were using the MCE without hooking up the green (It's a single LED but I can't get a good look because its facing backward to a reflector.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I was lucky enough to be PMd by a guy on the Marketplace today who was selling a NW RGB, but I've got some questions:

1. since this is an older 4Sevens light, does that mean it'll take an 18650 cell in place of two 123s?
2. exact voltage range is 3-9v right?
3. it's compatible with current Quark accessories right?

thanks guys! i'm super excited for my RGB to come :D

Viper715

Enlightened
No 18650 without 18650 body which makes the light too long in my opinion. Accessories all are compatible.

Edit: beat me too it selfbuilt.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I wish that the UI on this was different, the bright, floody beam was great and the RGB MC-E was an awesome emitter, but having to click/twist a dozen times to get whatever mode you want combined with the non-functional mode-memory made me reluctantly sell one of these on.

Viper715

Enlightened
I was in the same boat. A really great light but with a UI that just didn't work for four colors. This would have been a great candidate for a UI like the 4Sevens G5 from loose to progressively tighter to engage each color separately then change the brightness in the color with memory would have been better.

SHADE02

Newly Enlightened
My original Q123-2 bodies (which the RGB head threads onto) were only wide enough to take 17670. Should still be compatible with all Quark accessories.

hi,selfbuilt, an small Q?, will the Q-RGB work with R14500 batteries? or R17670??

I purchased the AAx2 body, but the output is noticeable lower, than with 2xCR123 batteries..

or any suggestion for rechargable or alkaline...
thanks

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The RGB uses the high voltage head of the Q123-2 series lights. While it still works reasonably well on single 3.7V li-ion, it won't be very usable on anything less (eg, 2xAA).

You can safely run 2x14500 with this head. But just make sure you don't try that with the standard low voltage head of the QAA-2.

sorry for the bump but I just got one on the market place and i am SO excited!! Gonna use it for light painting!! I just hope my light doesnt have any issues remembering the colors, etc.

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I have one in Neutral White and I think I am going to sell it. I hate the UI on it. I am always having to click through all the cycles, never can get it to were I like it. If you turn it on and then turn it off, you better wait a few seconds before turning it on again or you will be cycling to the next level. Really cool idea for a flashlight and it has killer flood but I can't stand the UI on it.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one in Neutral White and I think I am going to sell it. I hate the UI on it. I am always having to click through all the cycles, never can get it to were I like it. If you turn it on and then turn it off, you better wait a few seconds before turning it on again or you will be cycling to the next level. Really cool idea for a flashlight and it has killer flood but I can't stand the UI on it.

if it's in good shape I'll buy it from you!