6AA or 8AA LED flashlight with at least 800 lumens

Rexlion

Enlightened
Another advantage of NiMH over LiIon: tolerance to abuse. If you forget about a LiIon and it's depleted for too long, kiss it goodbye and shell out for another. A LiIon likes to be kept above 40 or 50% charge, and going below that very many times will shorten it's life. Forget some NiMH AAs, it's no big deal, just pop them into the charger. Much more forgiving.

As much as I like the 2-button Fenix controls and the promise of greater throw, I think I like the idea of the SX25A6's rotating head even better. Instead of having to turn on and then scroll through unwanted levels to get the one you want, just twist to the desired setting before even turning the light on. With a bit of experience, I bet the user would be able to tell just by feel (from the position of the finger grooves relative to the switch button) exactly what level the Eagletac is set for.

But I'm still looking and thinking. I'd like to see a more comprehensive review, maybe even a comparison review between some of these.

georgedaniels771

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the Fenix TK41...great flashlight if you don't mind Chinese brands, but its good quality.

I have to say I'm impressed by the level of knowledge here...great forum