6XML light bar

Bigtoy302

Newly Enlightened
If there is any Electrical engineers reading this that can help out with circuit/pcb design PM me. My current Engineer is no longer on board. I really need to finish this triple.

1/4" of freezing rain! Lights are on my rockcrawler.
20140208_112408_zpsf6036a7d.jpg

hodaka

Newly Enlightened
2 questions:
1) do you sell to dealers?
2) is your sale still on?

Feel free to PM me instead of answering in thread.

DP425

Newly Enlightened
Another user just directed me to this thread- I like what I see! My GF's jeep is in need of some aux lighting and this might be just the ticket!

BUT, my primary concern right now is with single LED small form factor. I ready the whole thread and saw you had started design work on one but seem to have abandoned it. I can tell you this for sure- IF you built one with a diameter of 2.25" or less and reasonably priced (in the same range as vision X; $90-$120), I'd be on board for six of them! I need two for each of my two quads and two for a friend's to mount on the handle bars and toss light in the direction we are steering; the factory pod light just does not cut it.

As far as electrical engineers... I know a LOT of engineers; mostly civil, structural and mechanical, but I'll ask around; they may very well have a solid contact. Is there any sort of profit in it for whoever may be qualified? Perhaps maybe a couple free lights? I'll start asking around right now, but that info might be good to know as I'm spreading the word.

Bigtoy302

Newly Enlightened
Another user just directed me to this thread- I like what I see! My GF's jeep is in need of some aux lighting and this might be just the ticket!

BUT, my primary concern right now is with single LED small form factor. I ready the whole thread and saw you had started design work on one but seem to have abandoned it. I can tell you this for sure- IF you built one with a diameter of 2.25" or less and reasonably priced (in the same range as vision X; $90-$120), I'd be on board for six of them! I need two for each of my two quads and two for a friend's to mount on the handle bars and toss light in the direction we are steering; the factory pod light just does not cut it.

As far as electrical engineers... I know a LOT of engineers; mostly civil, structural and mechanical, but I'll ask around; they may very well have a solid contact. Is there any sort of profit in it for whoever may be qualified? Perhaps maybe a couple free lights? I'll start asking around right now, but that info might be good to know as I'm spreading the word.

The small triples are in process. I have a new engineer working on the electronics now.

DP425

Newly Enlightened
The small triples are in process. I have a new engineer working on the electronics now.

Oh dang, I just got back here to let you know I might have someone! Oh well!

Please, please make a small form factor single!!!!!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the triples.

Bigtoy302

Newly Enlightened
Two engineers and 4 prototypes later I still do not have a working board. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point.

Jakefreese

Newly Enlightened
Two engineers and 4 prototypes later I still do not have a working board. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point.
Check out Texas instruments web design tools. I have built multiple drivers from there web design. Everything has worked awesome.
I have a new board that can drive 8 led at 1 amp, hopefully I'll get the layout done this week and off to get the PCB made. Once my trailer interior lights are done some exterior and off road lights for the truck are in order.

Last edited:

Bigtoy302

Newly Enlightened
Back to the drawing board on the triple. The second engineer decided to give up. I'm not even sure at this point if it is even doable. Small single layer board and high frequency= to much noise.

Any engineers here think they can help?

Jakefreese

Newly Enlightened
I should be back at the led projects in a few weeks I'm buried at work right now.