742 Torch Lumens! Most beautiful runtime curve. NEOFAB Legion II MC-E review added

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Re: NEOFAB Legion II, the powerful MC-E light &COMP with M1X, pic heavy!

Note:
In this photo, the control ring is bare Alu, just for fun.
legion2_show_13.jpg

toby_pra

Flashaholic

Looks nice...:tinfoil:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

This picture is the one I want to see, How far are those trees in the red arrow? I think that is more than 7 meters away

legion2show06oy9.jpg

Thanks!
AlexGT

neoseikan

Enlightened

This picture is the one I want to see, How far are those trees in the red arrow? I think that is more than 7 meters away

legion2show06oy9.jpg

Thanks!
AlexGT

It's about 20m.

neoseikan

Enlightened

Before the professional 3rd party review, there is some test result from myself.

Sample B.

Output:
2.9A(full distance)

Runtime with 3*Ultrafire unprotected 18650 cells:
2h4m.

With the built-in battery gauge, we can see how the cells work:

level6 (full)->level5 : About 35mins.
level5 (good)->level4: About 35mins.
level4 (fair)->level3: About 25mins.
level3 (low)->level2: About 15mins.
level2 (quite low)->Warning->level1->Auto OFF: 10mins.

When the light is OFF, you can still turn it on for emergency. At lower brightness level, the cells can still provide some energy. For example, when the light shut down at MAX level, turn it on, and switch to the lowest level (about 400mA), then use the gauge, the gauge level might be level 4 (fair).

But I recommend charging the cells when the gauge is at level 3.

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does the light have battery overdischarge protection? Can unprotected cells be used or should we all get protected cells?

easilyled

Flashaholic

Does the light have battery overdischarge protection? Can unprotected cells be used or should we all get protected cells?

The post just above yours says that the light has a battery gauge and that when the guage goes down to level 3 its time to replace the batteries.

Therefore I assume that unprotected cells are fine as long as you look at the guage and change them at the right time.

neoseikan

Enlightened

The post just above yours says that the light has a battery gauge and that when the guage goes down to level 3 its time to replace the batteries.

Therefore I assume that unprotected cells are fine as long as you look at the guage and change them at the right time.

There isn't the entity of gauge, just a function.
When the light is ON, turn the ring to left and hold, you can see the LED is flashing.

When the battery voltage is lower than level 2, the warning flashing comes.

And the light automatically goes off when the voltage reaches a "protection point"

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast

...And the light automatically goes off when the voltage reaches a "protection point"
That's what I was hoping for, even though I would most likely dig up some protected 18650's anyway. Good to know the light includes protection if necessary. I tend to charge my lights on a schedule that doesn't allow them to have dead batteries ever.

neoseikan

Enlightened

That's what I was hoping for, even though I would most likely dig up some protected 18650's anyway. Good to know the light includes protection if necessary. I tend to charge my lights on a schedule that doesn't allow them to have dead batteries ever.

After the runtime test, the voltage of 3 cells are around 3.2V~3.4V, they are safe.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Re: NEOFAB Legion II OP/runtime/more pics UPDATED.

Lumens reading Updated.

L1 = 98 lumens, L2 = 157, L3 = 264, L4 = 456, L5 = 742.

Thank you all.

wbp

Enlightened

I assume those are out the front lumens? Also, was that with the smooth or OP reflector?

Yes, out the front, that's why he said "torch lumens". With the new OP reflector, although I would not expect the smooth to be significantly different.

Measurements were taken with IMR 18650's. I did another pass with freshly charged AW 18650's (not IMR) and got 748 peak, so I'm getting pretty consistent results.

William

neoseikan

Enlightened

Yes, out the front, that's why he said "torch lumens". With the new OP reflector, although I would not expect the smooth to be significantly different.

Measurements were taken with IMR 18650's. I did another pass with freshly charged AW 18650's (not IMR) and got 748 peak, so I'm getting pretty consistent results.

William

Yes. William. the output won't change with different cells, even 3*16340. (If possible to put them in)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 742 Torch Lumens! NEOFAB Legion II UPDATED.

What the hell? Am I missing it or is there no price yet?

I like the look and kudos for NOT putting the batteries lengthwise so to speak. I much rather have a shorter and thicker body. The long ones look stupid as hell and take up way too much space :(

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened

What the hell? Am I missing it or is there no price yet?

I like the look and kudos for NOT putting the batteries lengthwise so to speak. I much rather have a shorter and thicker body. The long ones look stupid as hell and take up way too much space :(

Look in the CPF marketplace, Manufacturers corner. Its there .... oh and I recommend you chain your wallet as it may attempt to flee :whistle:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, it's a cool damn light. I'll have to wait for some money though :)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now this looks like an Awesome MC-E design. I want one! I'm scared to look at the price! Great Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.