800 Lumen Rifle Spotlight

jump70

Newly Enlightened
This is a great looking light - very innovative

Can I ask if you've considered different mounting options? I've looked at your website and am interested, but I'd like to be able to side mount it on a picatinny rail.

Newly Enlightened
I fly electric RC and HOBBYKING (Used to be Hobbycity) has
very large capacity lithium polymer batteries. Postage is dirt cheap products are reviewed and they have a massive selection. I was toying with the idea of using a 4 cell Lithium polymer @ around 14.4volts and 3000mah to run a lightforce 100watt spotlight. Used to use this with a lead acid and it was very heavy. A 3000mah in lipo is 350grams (0.66 pounds and $25 US) Anyhow electric RC sites allowed me to get rid of the lead acid battery and this forum given me the miniature version of the large clunky gun mounted 6inch spotlight.
I'm obviously not the first to put the two together but the advantages are obvious.
Way too cool.

Spearo

Newly Enlightened
Very nice compact light.
If you could figure out a Picatinny mount I am sure it would have more interest.
How far exactly is the throw usable to? 50-100m?
I guess you use it for Possums but for Foxes you need a little more sometimes, also coloured filters are handy for lamp wary animals.

h22

Newly Enlightened
very interesting and unconventional build
I would be interested if you deside to build more.
I am curious why only 1 amp of current draw?
1200-1400ma is commonplace with that emmiter these days, it might then best the X21:devil:

I would also love to know the max range this is usefull at, it being a scope mounted light. I have been looking for a portsble light to use for hunting that has an 800+ hard effective range, to look for vermin with biniculars before the sun has come up.

I bought a DEFT HO, but i dont think it is up to the task.
looking at the RRT-3, but it is also quite $$$$, the big SR-90 light is a bit more, but almost twice the output..but it is hardly portable.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about that one bigchelis, all aspherics are different. This one is definitely up there as I have compared it to a 950 lumen light and its nearly as bright. Its definitely not 400 lumens

You were comparing lux, the concentration of light, not lumens, the total light output.

Aspherics transmit only about 50% of the light they receive, so, Bigchelis is correct.

shhh

Newly Enlightened
Something like this would be sweet to replace my bows stabilizer on my bow.
Be easy to put one on my bow.

LiveForNight

Newly Enlightened
You have tried to sell this light on this website several times:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Hunting-shooting/Accessories/Spotlights/auction-312978952.htm

and this one:

http://www.nzrimfire.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1356&view=previous

Have you ever sold one successfully? If you have can you ask your buyer if I may contact them for the purpose of soliciting a personal review?

CPF Members please do not visit the nzrimfire address without a strong antivirus.
NOD32 reports it as: 9/27/2010 9:33:10 PM HTTP filter file http://monphys.com/serial06732563/tmp/col.pdf JS/Exploit.Pdfka.OCX trojan connection terminated - quarantined \Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Last edited:

creetech

Newly Enlightened
You have tried to sell this light on this website several times:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Hunting-shooting/Accessories/Spotlights/auction-312978952.htm

and this one:

http://www.nzrimfire.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1356&view=previous

Have you ever sold one successfully? If you have can you ask your buyer if I may contact them for the purpose of soliciting a personal review?

CPF Members please do not visit the nzrimfire address without a strong antivirus.
NOD32 reports it as: 9/27/2010 9:33:10 PM HTTP filter file http://monphys.com/serial06732563/tmp/col.pdf JS/Exploit.Pdfka.OCX trojan connection terminated - quarantined \Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

I've sold quite a few, check my trademe feedback. They just sit on there and when someone wants one, it goes. Where abouts are you from? perhaps you could just see one for yourself...

happy_face1.gif
snappercatha (32 ) 7 Aug 2010sound_thing was the seller(#305301808) top trade recomend to anyone very ablidging THANKS
happy_face1.gif
appleman (19 ) 4 Jul 2010sound_thing was the seller(#294874544) Great spot light, nice guy to deal with, really cares about what he is selling. Thanks

creetech

Newly Enlightened
This is a great looking light - very innovative

Can I ask if you've considered different mounting options? I've looked at your website and am interested, but I'd like to be able to side mount it on a picatinny rail.

Thanks, I haven't really thought about it but I'm sure it would be possible. The current mount I am using looks more like this, it measures 21mm at the widest point of the mount.

batteries.jpg

creetech

Newly Enlightened
Very nice compact light.
If you could figure out a Picatinny mount I am sure it would have more interest.
How far exactly is the throw usable to? 50-100m?
I guess you use it for Possums but for Foxes you need a little more sometimes, also coloured filters are handy for lamp wary animals.

It throws pretty far, usable Id say up to 200m depending on your scope. I want to put up a youtube vid but I don't have a camera that will do it justice.

creetech

Newly Enlightened
very interesting and unconventional build
I would be interested if you deside to build more.
I am curious why only 1 amp of current draw?
1200-1400ma is commonplace with that emmiter these days, it might then best the X21:devil:

I would also love to know the max range this is usefull at, it being a scope mounted light. I have been looking for a portsble light to use for hunting that has an 800+ hard effective range, to look for vermin with biniculars before the sun has come up.

I bought a DEFT HO, but i dont think it is up to the task.
looking at the RRT-3, but it is also quite $$$$, the big SR-90 light is a bit more, but almost twice the output..but it is hardly portable.

Hi there,

Thank you, I drive it at 1000mA as this is the max rating for these leds. You can get away with more with better cooling (underwater etc) but I feel that it is best for this job. It is switchable between 330mA and 1000mA. As the light output is not a linear equation, more current doesn't always mean that it will be significantly brighter so it's better to have an optimum level.

It is effective up to about 200 meters, I can't comment on it in comparison to the other torches you mention, but I have taken it into the local hunting stores where I live and they don't have anything brighter that you could get on your rifle.

If you are interested, PM or email me, you can find my email on my website. There is stock currently available.

Cheers.

creetech

Newly Enlightened
Also, what is the length of the cable and could you modify a battery cable a bit shorter to fit on a bike frame?

Hi, the cable is a curly cord which is measures 1 meter in length when curled up. I could easily modify a cable to suit or you could do it yourself. Sorry I do not have a distributor in the US, this is Kiwi made, but this could easily be arranged.

LiveForNight

Newly Enlightened
Hi, the cable is a curly cord which is measures 1 meter in length when curled up. I could easily modify a cable to suit or you could do it yourself. Sorry I do not have a distributor in the US, this is Kiwi made, but this could easily be arranged.

I like the idea for a bike light and have my own mount. The price you list it at auction is $400 if I use my mount what would it cost in US dollars.