• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

85 CRI Peaks

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a rough idea of how many lumens an OR high CRI Eiger running on eneloop AAAs would give... low and high?

Not sure what the output is on high with eneloops. If you ask OR they'll be more than happy to help you answer that question. On low I can't give you exact numbers, but it'll get really low with the QTC... I want to say <1 lumen.

What is the typical beam shape of a Logan? Last night I got my first Peak, a 17500 high CRI. The tint is beautiful, but the beam has a ton of artifacts and is very asymmetrical, almost star shaped. Is this normal?

If you're whitewall hunting, yes there is a definite star shape around the outer corona. I honestly didn't notice this until I put the light really close to the wall.

If it's REALLY artifacty, then I would ask for an exchange or return. Not sure who you bought it from but Oveready has a return policy that is second to none.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the typical beam shape of a Logan? Last night I got my first Peak, a 17500 high CRI. The tint is beautiful, but the beam has a ton of artifacts and is very asymmetrical, almost star shaped. Is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. It is the optic. In actual use (with no white walls around), you will find the beam very useful. Take it for a walk!

If you want an artifact free beam, you have to go with the wide optics which are flood lights and my personal favourite.

eala

benzz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help! It was more the star shape that had me startled, but you are right eala, went outside and it's pretty nice. I need to get a 17500 for this little guy as soon as possible, all I've ran it on this far is an energizer ultimate lithium primary. Seems to be very similar in output as my warm white mini CR2 (both fresh primaries). What do people recommend in these Logans, an AW?

Did peak make any high CRI in a wide beam? I love floody lights too, I've carried my McGizmo Sundrop for the past year or so.

manoloco

Enlightened
benzz,

You really should get 17500s for the Logan, the output and runtime is in a whole other league compared to any type of AA, i use AW protected 17500 (black ones) and i think is the recommended battery.

i exclusively run 17500s in my Logans but the AA compatibility for me is a must, as in case of emergency i can immediately use a very easy to find battery, trust me, if you start using 17500 you will only use AA in emergency cases only, besides it will rattle a lot less.

This is one reason the 17500 QTC Logan is my favorite EDC.

sassaquin

Enlightened
benzz,

You really should get 17500s for the Logan, the output and runtime is in a whole other league compared to any type of AA, i use AW protected 17500 (black ones) and i think is the recommended battery.

i exclusively run 17500s in my Logans but the AA compatibility for me is a must, as in case of emergency i can immediately use a very easy to find battery, trust me, if you start using 17500 you will only use AA in emergency cases only, besides it will rattle a lot less.

This is one reason the 17500 QTC Logan is my favorite EDC.

You might want to invest in the multi-cell adapter set which allows the use of AAA/10440. CR123/16340, and AA/14500 (no rattle) in a Logan 17500. It is fairly inexpensive at $20 for the versatility it provides.

Xcel

Newly Enlightened
Can someone give me a hand?

I am trying to find out how the Logan CR123 CRI tint / output compare to a M61W / 3700k with Hi/Lo switch. Is it possible to get a beamshot of the two? Or just the Logan CRI compared to the standard Logan?

Thanks.

Latest posts