• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 9x14500 to 3D, 9AA to 3D and 6AA to 2D by FiveMega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi FM,
hows it going?
I would like the following please:

6AA-2D adapter $37
2 x ROP bulbs $20
Shipping $5

Total: $62

Sending paypal now.

THANKS

DonL

Enlightened
With the last message two days old, with no current sign of cessation in this thread, and no indication that wanted parts are no longer available, I'm pulling the trigger. :)

I'm looking at the same basic project, apparently.

2 x 6AA-2D adapter - $74
2 x ROP bulbs - $20
Boro Lens - $5.50
Shipping - $5

Total: $104.50

Paypal is on the way.

Last edited:

jde1199

Newly Enlightened
PayPal sent FiveMega for...

1 6AA to 2D 37.00
1 Alum Reflector MOP 25.00
Shipping 5.00
Total $67.00

Thanks!
jde1199

jde1199

Newly Enlightened
[size=+1]"Please check post#1 for reflector availability"

[/size]
[size=+1]
FiveMega,

Please change reflector to HS.

Thank you,
jde1199
[/size]

redbird

Enlightened
I just took delivery of 6-14500 cells from AW and tried to install them in my 6x14500 holder. No, way would they fit. If I tried to nudge them in I am sure i would have broken it.

Where am I going wrong?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
redbird said:
I just took delivery of 6-14500 cells from AW and tried to install them in my 6x14500 holder. No, way would they fit. If I tried to nudge them in I am sure i would have broken it.

Where am I going wrong?
You may need to remove foil sticker but make sure don't remove black shrink tube.
6x14500.jpg

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
1 X 9AA to 3D $ 39.00
Int. shipping $ 7.00

sending $46.00 by PP now.

Thanks

Hyperion666

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i don't know which one to get, the AA or the 14500. it says they'll both power a 1185 bulb. is the 1185 bulb the one i want to go with?

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Could someone answer some stupid questions for me? (Sorry, I've been a member of this board a while, but I've not followed any of the rechargable lights/battery threads)

1) It's my understanding that Lithium Ion batteries hold their charge longer than NiMH batteries. True? Then why do so many people use NiMH in their flashlights? Advantages vs disadvantages (PS - I would only use this light occasionally, maybe once every week or two.)

2) I'm thinking of modifying a Mag 3D that I already own. If I go with a 9x14500 battery adapter from FiveMega, will it fit without any modification to the Mag?

3)Are all rechargable batteries the same, or can someone recommend a favorite brand for both Lithium Ion and/or NiMH? And a good place to buy them?

thanks for your time and advice,
Argent60

Rommul

Enlightened
Argent60 said:
1) It's my understanding that Lithium Ion batteries hold their charge longer than NiMH batteries. True? Then why do so many people use NiMH in their flashlights? Advantages vs disadvantages (PS - I would only use this light occasionally, maybe once every week or two.)

Many people use NIMH since they are readily available.

Furthermore NIMH is a very good cell to use for high drain applications like incandescant bulbs). Lithium cells are not as tolerant because the most popular lithium ion cells have protection circuits that temporarily render the battery incapable of delivering current (they can be reset by placing them on the charger) whenever certain preset current levels are reached.

The reason for this is that lithium ion cells can only be used up to certain current levels. Above those current levels certain chemical processes take place which may cause the cell to vent flames. These are what we call "protected" cells. There are "unprotected" lithium ion cells available but they don't enjoy wide use.

Argent60 said:
2) I'm thinking of modifying a Mag 3D that I already own. If I go with a 9x14500 battery adapter from FiveMega, will it fit without any modification to the Mag?

Yes

Argent60 said:
3)Are all rechargable batteries the same, or can someone recommend a favorite brand for both Lithium Ion and/or NiMH? And a good place to buy them?

They are not all the same some are garbage, some are okay, some are good and some are great. Sanyo is one of the favored brands for NIMH while PILA is the name brand fir lithium ion. Other companies make lithium ion cells as well.

My personal source for lithium ion is CPF member AW.

He sells them here.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97268&page=1&pp=30

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Rommul-
Thanks for all the helpful info. Now I'm leaning toward a NiMH mod Mag. I have one last question for you or anyone else - is it better to leave the batteries in the light, or on the charger when not in use? (The chargers I'm looking at have a "trickle charge" function.) Like I said, I would only occasionally use this light.

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
Never mind. I've found on another thread that you're supposed to remove the charger ASAP after the batteries are fully charged. (Trickle Charge is just temporary to help prevent damage to the batteries.)

thanks again,
Argent60

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for
One (1) 9AA to 3D battery holder
Two(2) WA1185 bulbs
Shipping
= $56.00

Thanks,
Argent60

Status