A run of TI E Series Electronic Switches with custom trit button . Interested?

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any updates with these? Would need at least 3 of these ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I actually just found this thread. Reading through it, these switches look quite impressive. It's too bad this has been put on hold, however I do understand that 'things' happen.

If this does go forward, I might be talked into one :thumbsup:

samuraishot

Enlightened
So I was able to source one of these, but the spring is too short. For those who have an electronic switch, is it okay to use a neodymium magnet or will it damage the switch? I saw a photo in this thread of what looks to be like the switches on top of magnets, but it doesn't say specifically. Can anyone in the know please tell me the size of those magnets? Thanks!

Edit: Answered via PM, thanks!

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Is this project dead? I'm interested in the possibility of installing an e-series electronic switch in a Tri-EDC.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is very likely that this project will not be revived. Mohan has not been online for quite some time. There were a few Ku e-series Ti e-switches made but they are few in number.

You should take a look at the project Mattaus is working on which will basically be an electronic switch for Z41 applications. Original discussion is that it would be a drop-in replacement for a McClickie switch. This would be a drop-in e-switch replacement for the light.

The other option you have, which I have had done on a few Tri-EDC lights, is to have the tailcap bored to accept a V10R Ti e-switch. The bore job is not cheap and would be on top of the price of the switch itself. For me it was worth the cost.

Sean

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thanks for stepping in to answer Sean! I'll definitely look Mattaus up. However, if I were to find a Ku e-series switch, would it fit the Tri-EDC? I know there was some question as to the compatibility.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is correct - it is not the same as the Sunwayman V10R version.

I was very lucky to obtain the one e-series Ku one that I have. I am glad gunga was able to say if it fit or not because my Tri-EDC is already re-bored for a V10R switch. A McClicky will still screw in, but I don't think it would be an accurate test compared with a stock threaded Tri-EDC tailcap.

Also - one downside to the e-switches versus the McClickies as that there is no half-tap on an e-switch. It's either on or off so level switching involves well mastered double taps. With a McClicky you can half tap to your level and then lock it. Mattaus' e-switch version will mimick the half-tap and full-tap of a McClicky so it should be even better. I am greatly looking forward to testing it out.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm sorry. I can't 100% confirm as my eswitch is in a McGizmo. I think Mohan did say his did fit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums