• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

A salute to McGizmo!

archimedes

Flashaholic
I wanted to do something special for my 2000th post, but I didn't have any good ideas lined up. So I figured this was as good a thread as any to post in at such a time. :) If I could vote again, I'd now be in the next category, as I am up to four.

Don, thanks again for making such sweet lights for us. They look amazing, but what's more is they are such delightful tools as well. A lot of thought goes into these lights as anyone who has used one can attest to, and it is a joy and privilege to carry them and use them each day, for both the rather mundane tasks of life as well as the critical. We certainly appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Congrats on Post#2000 Nick!

Just received my second McGizmo recently (SunDrop XR-U, and already had a Sapphire 25), and agree completely with your comments above. Already find myself wanting a Mule with the Nichia 119, very much so ... !

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted 1-3. I have a Haiku and a Mule coming to me so I think I am qualified to place my vote? I am a new owner of McGizmo lights and I am excited to see what all the craze was about. I should receive them either tomorrow or the day after.

nbp

Flashaholic
nbp said:
I wanted to do something special for my 2000th post, but I didn't have any good ideas lined up. So I figured this was as good a thread as any to post in at such a time. :) If I could vote again, I'd now be in the next category, as I am up to four.

Don, thanks again for making such sweet lights for us. They look amazing, but what's more is they are such delightful tools as well. A lot of thought goes into these lights as anyone who has used one can attest to, and it is a joy and privilege to carry them and use them each day, for both the rather mundane tasks of life as well as the critical. We certainly appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Another 1000 posts, and I still feel the same. Guess I've already learned the most important fact of flashaholism: buy McGizmos. Now I just need to make more of these posts count by talking more people into buying McGizmos. :devil: Top notch work Don, keep it up. Hope to plunk some more of your lights in my pocket someday. :thumbsup:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
First came the PDs, then a Mule PD, up next the bead blasted Haiku Xpg......

No regrets,

McGizmo for durable, reliable, quality tools.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
My warm Haiku NEVER leaves my pocket! Well I did trade for a 6v cool XP-G version recently and I'm talking with someone about getting a neutral 4500K XP-G swapped in then I may leave the 3v on the bedstand once in a while. I love the ergo's of the 2x123 pack!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another 1000 posts, and I still feel the same. Guess I've already learned the most important fact of flashaholism: buy McGizmos. Now I just need to make more of these posts count by talking more people into buying McGizmos. :devil: Top notch work Don, keep it up. Hope to plunk some more of your lights in my pocket someday. :thumbsup:

Just bought my first Haiku today... in celebration of your 3000th post. :)

eala

nbp

Flashaholic
Just bought my first Haiku today... in celebration of your 3000th post. :)

eala

It's a beautiful thing really, helping these kids get on the right path. Brings a tear to my eye.

You made a great choice, please let us know your thoughts when you get it in any of the associated Haiku praising threads around. ;)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a beautiful thing really, helping these kids get on the right path. Brings a tear to my eye.

You made a great choice, please let us know your thoughts when you get it in any of the associated Haiku praising threads around. ;)
You are the "devil" who caused many of us to skip lunch and dinner for the month. Me especially because I got 3 McGizmo lights in one month. But I love you "DEVIL" ! :devil:

nbp

Flashaholic
pjandyho said:
You are the "devil" who caused many of us to skip lunch and dinner for the month. Me especially because I got 3 McGizmo lights in one month. But I love you "DEVIL" ! :devil:

That's ok, breakfast is the most important meal of the day anyways...

Muahahaha! :devil:

nbp

Flashaholic
Posted here for post 2,000 and 3,000, seemed to have missed 4,000. :thinking: Back for number 5,000! (Someone has got to stir up some excitement in this forum!)

I still have 5 McGs of the 7 I have owned, and I still love them! (Although I wish one of you chuckleheads would buy my McLux III-T in the BST so I could afford an AquaRam. :nana:) Still the best lights out there from the coolest guy. Keep it up Don! :rock:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
5000. Wow - way to go, Nick. Since I started this thread a bit over 2 years ago, my own McGiz collection has evolved. And I did briefly own that beautiful AquaRam (reviewed it over HERE) before selling it to fund my 3rd Haiku. See, I've become spoiled by the "119V" emitter, and although the twist on the AquaRam is appropriate - dare I say, PERFECT - for that light, my preference still leans to the ubiquitous McClicky switch. So although I cannot vote in the poll again, I sit comfortably with 4 McGizmos, ALL with the 119V emitter:

High CRI Mule
AA High CRI Haiku
High CRI Haiku
6V High CRI Haiku driven at ~1.4A

Each light is used daily, and the 6V Haiku is wonderful (as are they all.) No, its 180 lumen is not the fire breathing 580 of my AquaRam (at 2200mA), but the shape of the beam and the beautiful tint are just about perfect for me. Again, none of these lights are shelf queens - they are unceremoniously dropped in my pocket when needed. The 6V is my 'go to' dog walking light, its extra oomph really appreciated for those dark walks along a dark street.

The AA Haiku is my night time light - always on my bedside table and used for morning navigation. I stand it on end and it lights our walk in closet as I get dressed to take the dog out in the morning. Although I wish it had a lower low, I just hold my finger over the lens to navigate out of the bedroom without waking my wife.

The Haiku is my EDC. Period. I even strayed from McGizmo looking for a smaller EDC to carry when dressed in a business suit, but nothing else seems 'right.' So the Haiku has that job, and keeps it!

The Mule is my reading light. I changed careers - voluntarily (happily) left the corporate world to become a college instructor, which of course requires a great deal of reading. The mule is perfect for lighting small text so that my contact lens wearing old eyes can easily read.

I have occasionally considered selling the AA Haiku since it seems somewhat redundant (how many of us would have to say that about many of our lights! ;)), but the use of AA batteries and the slim form factor keep it in my collection.

It's my honor and privilege to serve as the staff flashlight writer for The Firearm Blog so many a cool light passes through my hands, and I "ooo" and "aaah" over many of them - for a time - then a McGizmo resumes its rightful place.

So thanks for bumping this thread with (wow) your 5000th post, Nick! And thanks again to Don for continuing to build lights that are among the very best!

nbp

Flashaholic
For whatever reason, I like this thread. :) Time to bump it for another k. Hahaha. Post 6,000, right here. I still have 4.5 McGizmos, though I wish I had been able to afford to keep the other couple I have sold along the way. I have (have had) many many lights, but nothing satisfies like those McGs. My Haiku is still probably my most beloved light of all the dozens I have tried, and my Mule, SunDrop and Sapphire Mule are not going anywhere either. Can't wait to see what else Don has in store for us. :)

lefteye219

Enlightened
I own 2 and scored the third one today. I am extremely happy with LS20 and PD-S. I wish to score a couple more which are on my list but more on those when i get them. The LS20 is more of evening light and PDS is my work horse. Extremely well made and classic design. McGizmo rocks!!
PD-S
PD Mule
LunaSol 20

jso902

Enlightened
i guess this is the thank you thread.
hi don, thank you for making the haiku and aquaram.
oddly, i now only use these two lights when i'm in the garage or carrying a light.
durable. easy to clean. simple.
love your motto of KISS.