A2 Incan

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're really worried and just want to use the light as a regulated incandescent, this is another option:

ypjLn.jpg

What is that? An after market Incan bulb?

jellydonut

Enlightened
What is that? An after market Incan bulb?

Well, the photo was supposed to demonstrate that you can take out the LED ring entirely and still run the light as a pure regulated incandescent light. But yeah, the bulb is the LumensFactory HO-A2 lamp assembly. It is rounded and unfrosted, for slightly more throw than the regular bulb. More output as well. I really like it, I've got plenty of them spare to make sure I don't run out!

mat_the_cat

Newly Enlightened
Awww, the poor thing! Look at its empty eye sockets:( I wonder whether there would be any noticeable improvement if you had a reflector without the holes?

+1 for the LF HO-A2 as well.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone managed to bore the 4 flats or round body A2 Incan to take the 17670 battery?

Also, the heads found on the Incan 4 flats and the later round body, are they the same and inter changeable?

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
So will overdriving an LED simply cut down on it's estimated lifetime of 50,000 hours or so? Or will it make it go :poof:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
So will overdriving an LED simply cut down on it's estimated lifetime of 50,000 hours or so? Or will it make it go :poof:

Assuming life of overdriven LEDs drop to 10,000 hours, not many people have this kind of usage in few years and before this time passed, flashlight will be lost, stolen, damaged or end up in drawer.
I never heared they poof by 2 IMR 16340

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does this mean that it is ok to drive the Incan a2 with rechargeable 2x RCR123 3.7v? The led would not go poof but just reduced lifespan?

The LED's will not instantly burn out, no. Many members have run their A2 on RCR's without losing the LED's.

All LED's "tint-shift" when overdriven though. Sometimes it's a temporary change and other times it becomes permanent. Depending on how hard they're being driven, I would expect them to shift more towards a blue hue that may or may not stick that way.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calipsoli. You are still making those led rings right. I understand that the rings are more difficult to fit the 4 flats model compared to the round body corect?
Can you custom cut the holes to fit the 4 flats. I do not own any round body and do not intend to do so.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calipsoli. You are still making those led rings right. I understand that the rings are more difficult to fit the 4 flats model compared to the round body corect?
Can you custom cut the holes to fit the 4 flats. I do not own any round body and do not intend to do so.

The difference in hole alignment in a 3-round vs. 4-flats body is probably somewhere in the area of 0.5mm. Stock and aftermarket rings fit both bodies interchangeably without issue.
4flatsring.jpg

walterr839

Enlightened
I'll chime in here. I have Calipsoii's rings in three Aviators. Two are four flats and one is round. They fit fine in both and I have changed them out at times.
I am using IMR 16340 cells with a LF bulb and have no problems. Calipsoii's ring transform this light into a gem. Being able to select one, two, or all three LED's
adds a lot of versatility to the light and being able to control the LED output is the icing on the cake.

Latest posts